Manjaro installer doesn't show my SSD

The SSD I want to install Manjaro onto doesn’t show up in the installer, but shows up in Dolphin. How do I fix this? I have secure boot and fast boot disabled as well as AHCI enabled.

lsblk -f
will (of course) show all drives and partitions
… but the installer does not show all these same ?

lsblk -f and dolphin both show my SSD, but the installer only lists my HDD and a flash drive.

Is your SSD plugged by USB ?

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information.

[HowTo] Provide System Information

1. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
sudo inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.
    (Wisdom lies in reading :wink: )

I have had same problem some years ago when trying to install to usb3 ssd while usb2 flash drive was shown.

Start the Manjaro USB stick and open the console.
Then run the above mentioned command.

No, my SSD is connected to my motherboard.

Running the command shows this. The drive labeled Windows is the drive not showing up in the installer.
AME FSTYPE FSVER LABEL UUID FSAVAIL FSUSE% MOUNTPOINTS
loop0 squash 4.0 0 100% /run/miso/sfs/livefs
loop1 squash 4.0 0 100% /run/miso/sfs/mhwdfs
loop2 squash 4.0 0 100% /run/miso/sfs/desktopfs
loop3 squash 4.0 0 100% /run/miso/sfs/rootfs
sda
├─sda1
│ vfat FAT32 EFI 67E3-17ED
└─sda2
ntfs GAME DRIVE B6EE0987EE09415B
sdb
├─sdb1
│ vfat FAT32 SYSTEM A826-4FA0
├─sdb2

├─sdb3
│ ntfs Windows 02F426B3F426A93D
├─sdb4
│ ntfs CCC22A4CC22A3B5A
└─sdb5
ntfs Windows RE tools
946027036026EC24
sdc
├─sdc1

└─sdc2
ntfs External drive D45C22245C2201BA
sdd iso966 Jolie MANJARO_KDE_2203
2023-02-13-06-33-59-00 0 100% /run/miso/bootmnt
├─sdd1
│ iso966 Jolie MANJARO_KDE_2203
│ 2023-02-13-06-33-59-00
└─sdd2
vfat FAT12 MISO_EFI 2FEC-B2C8
sr0

Which drive is the one, you want to install to ?

If this drive in not shown, the the cable or the drive is defetive.

Does the Bios show the drive ?

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as descrribed above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

Please edit your post accordingly.

For more information, please see:

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Edit:

Please provide the output of:

inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
1 Like

The drive I want to install to is labeled Windows. Where would I see hard drives in the bios? I have an ASRock B450 Pro4

In the the boot menu or the boot sequence.

Just 2 things I can think of quickly:

1. The drive you’re attempting to install on is an external drive, in which case it isn’t as easy as just installing it; or
  2. the drive might be internal and have a SATA connector, but it might still be connected VIA USB-bus, in which case installing it would be the same as the above process.

More information:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Install_Arch_Linux_on_a_removable_medium

Hope it helps!