Manjaro installer does not give the option of GRUB - Windows 10 dual boot issue

Ok, so I currently have Manjaro installed in a dual boot with Windows 10.
I have three disks: one for Windows, one for Manjaro and one for Storage. Both Windows and Manjaro are MBR and I have Grub working with no issues.
Now, I wanted to try the new KDE version of Manjaro, but when the installer doesn’t let me continue unless I create an EFI partition and mark it as /boot/efi. Also, the installer doesn’t let me choose where to install Grub.
I did that and continued the installation, however, Grub doesn’t come up at all and I am unable to choose Windows to boot from.
In the previous version of Manjaro I had, I was able to choose where to install Grub and no EFI partition was required, so I’m confused as to what I can do in order to resolve the issue.
Any help is appreciated

Hello @Tosh78,

if you start your (manjaro installation) usb-pendrive in efi-mode the installation will only provide efi-installation.
If you want to use MBR you have to start the (manjaro installation) usb-pendrive in MBR-mode which allows you to install in MBR not efi.

That’s because you installed the previous version of Manjaro in legacy BIOS mode, whereas you installed the new version in UEFI mode. You cannot mix both versions on the same drive.

Additional info: In UEFI mode, GRUB is installed in the (mandatory) EFI system partition, which will be mounted at /boot/efi.

I see…Thanks a lot for that!! Do I have to select it from the bios boot menu in order to start it in MBR-mode?

When I write an ISO to USB using Rufus on Windows, I have the option to choose “TARGET SYSTEM” The choices I have available are “BIOS” or “UEFI”

Yes, the ‘bios’ boot menu should have at least 2 entries for the manjaro usb-pendrive. One should marked as ‘efi’ … and you have to use the one without ‘efi’.

If there where only one shown up take a look in your bios/efi if legacy boot mode is enabled.