Manjaro installation not booting in uefi

After multiple attempts, I finally was able to boot back on manjaro. I had the new ISO, my paranoia of libcanberra issues are now gone. Pamac was fully working after 3rd installation and I’ve managed as well to dual boot my machine to windows along with Manjaro, which I wasn’t able to do so back then. I broke my windows installation when I first started manjaro and I was not able to revive it back so I stayed with manjaro itself for a while. My system is now fixed, kernel is now running on LTS and pacman

Steps taken:

1. Downloaded the updated ISO
  2. Burned in Rufus, selected on BIOS(CSM) not in UEFI HYBRID/WITHOUT CSM.
    I don’t know why I can’t install a UEFI version on my disks, even though my system was originally configured to support UEFI either with CSM or not., and cant even change the volume from MBR to GPT.
  3. Had installed Windows first. then reserved an empty partition for Manjaro.
  4. Installed Manjaro on a separate partition.
  5. Update Pacman-mirrors
  6. Did the update on Pamac {pamac update / pamac upgrade} and not on Pacman.

Pamac 10.1.3-3

.--.                  Pacman v6.0.0 - libalpm v13.0.0
/ _.-' .-.  .-.  .-.   Copyright (C) 2006-2021 Pacman Development Team
\  '-. '-'  '-'  '-'   Copyright (C) 2002-2006 Judd Vinet
 '--'
                       This program may be freely redistributed under
                       the terms of the GNU General Public License.

Pacman is not completely fine and I had my system to take a timeshift before doing the update.
After a few meditation, I now learned that Linux is not for the faint of heart. You can’t just give up like in windows, although I hate windwos much more than I do (BSOD’s, Driver failures, system updates that takes forever to apply, memory hogging, etc). But in linux, you just have to be ready because unless you have the time to spend about thinking and checking the logs, other people would just implicitly say go ■■■■ and screw yourself becuase linux is a hands on OS and not just the ocunterpart of having to rely on a tech support folks.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.