Manjaro Install Live CD Stuck at "Reached target Graphical Interface"

anyone getting this issue again (especially with hyper-v):

1. start live session with any driver
  2. strg + alt + f2 into tty
  3. sudo pacman -Sy
  4. sudo pamac install xorg-server
  5. sudo systemctl restart sddm

gui will boot and you can start working

I tried to install in Hyper-V and got the same problem (XFCE Manjaro 21). My solution:
Change to second console with CTRL+ALT+F2 and log in
Edit ~/.xinitrc:

SESSION=${1:-xfce-session} SESSION=${1:-xfce4-session}
*) dbus_args+=(„$1“)*) dbus_args+=(„$SESSION“)

→ no driver problem, more a Xorg-server not started problem. In my opinion the ~/.xinitrc is wrong, I opended a ticket long time ago but there seems to be no interest in fixing this :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Hyper-V installation, same problem. I’m a Linux noob.

1. to 4. work fine.

Failed to restart sddm.service: Unit sddm.services not found.

my root folder is empty. Am I at the wrong folder?

Any tips?

Coming back to this thread months later because I’ve decided to come back to manjaro.

Nothing about my pc specs has really changed since the initial post so obviously still run into the same issue as when I originally posted.

I’m able to easily overcome this issue the by just doing alt-f2 after I get to the “Reached target graphical interface” message and then I login using the provided username and password, then just type:

sudo mhwd --install pci video-nvidia

Once that command runs it automatically boots me into the install media’s desktop and I’m able to use it like normal and install manjaro.

This is what works for my issue. I see some people have posted in here about similar issues that don’t seem to be related to nvidia gpus. I doubt this fix works for them. Hopeful one of their answers will solve the problem for you if your issue isn’t nvidea gpu related.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.