Manjaro Gnome 19.0-rc2 released

I am proud to announce our release candidate build of the upcoming Manjaro-GNOME 19.0 Kyria release. This build is based on stable branch .

With our Gnome edition based on 3.34 series, we include visual refreshes for a number of applications and the desktop itself. The background selection settings also received a redesign, making it easier to select custom backgrounds. By default we added our own dynamic wallpaper that changes throughout the day. GNOME 3.34 also introduces custom folders in the application overview. Simply drag an application icon on top of another to create a folder. Folders are automatically removed when all icons have been dragged out of them. With a simpler desktop layout we gain more stability.

Our Gnome Layout-Switcher enables you to change your desktop layout easily with preset layouts that mimic popular operating systems. Available layouts are: Manjaro, Vanilla gnome, Mate/gnome2, Traditional desktop/Windows, Modern desktop/MacOs, Unity/ubuntu theme. We also automatically change between dark and light theme when nightlight is triggered. A new login screen theme and the addition of Feral's Gamemode rounds our Gnome edition up.

Highlight features

New features in manjaro-hello:

• Integrated gnome-layout-switcher

New features in gnome edition:

• Simpler desktop layout with more stability
  • New login screen theme
  • Gnome-layout-switcher: Change desktop layout easily with preset layouts that mimic popular operating systems
    • Available layouts: Manjaro, Vanilla gnome, Mate/gnome2, Traditional desktop/Windows, Modern desktop/MacOs, Unity/ubuntu theme
  • Dynamic wallpaper that changes throughout the day
  • Automatic changing between dark and light theme when nightlight is triggered
  • Optional firefox theme to integrate firefox better to gnome applications. Run firegnome-enable.sh to enable it
  • Drag-and-drop support for desktop icons
  • Easy access to Feral's Gamemode thru extension

We hope you enjoy it and please leave feedback. :grinning:

Changes since rc1:

• updated Calamares to use kpmcore4
  • small fixes overall

4 Likes

Manjaro has the best Gnome look and feel!

1 Like

The torrent tracker is down and the HTTP source isn't working, either.

If this release candidate is used as an install medium will it become the final version by means of an upgrade/update?

And I says it's Fedora has the better one!

Wanna step outside and finish this argument like gentlemen? Huh? Huh? :smiley:

Ok I will switch to pop or fedora, bye bye :cry:

The best layout for GNOME is objectively the vanilla one. =)

Will just sudo pacman -Syyu do for upgrading?

Yes, this is just a release candidate for a new ISO image.

Previous installations are not obsolete, and nothing special is required on your part to get the latest software available (you just have to update as usual). This is the whole point of rolling release on Manjaro.

Defaults shipped in ISO images may have changed between releases though.

sorry for another dumb question
where is the settings for automatic changing between dark and light theme when nightlight is triggered, coz when my nightlight active on 6pm, my theme does not change at all.

I know I was not asked and I am not a developer of Manjaro Gnome but I think three things have to be set up.

1. Night light in Gnome Settings
  2. Automatic Dark Theme in Gnome Layouts
  3. Two extensions in Gnome Tweaks.

I have it working perfectly I use automatic sunset to sunrise.

3 Likes

How can we get those defaults btw?

thanks dude now its working perfectly

After I have used Manjaro Gnome for a little bit I had the feeling it was a little bit too full for me, then I have seen there is a minimal installer, I just grabbed it today, installed it and I could not be happier. Really, thank you so so much Manjaro Team, you guys are great! :slight_smile:

Sorry for this off-topic :smiley:

I just tried it today..I always used Xfce, but with layout switcher , Gnome is my favourite.

Btw if I am on RC , can I later update to stable without data loss or what ? I can not find that informations, about switching to stable from RC ,testing builds etc.

thx

Manjaro is rolling it is just matter of time when one gets new updates. First unstable>testing>stable. You can find this info in wiki which is pretty good.

Forum kindly sponsored by