Manjaro frozen after login from suspend/sleep

Hey guys, i’m a new user comming from windows and my desktop froze on me. On windows you got the classic ctrl + alt + delete which can help unfreeze 90% of the time. What to do when Manjaro freezes?

reboot on USB iso manjaro
open a terminal and a browser on this topic
and return

sudo manjaro-chroot -a ( type 1 if only one line appaers )
journalctl -b -1 -p4 
exit ( end chroot )

you will froze a long time if we have no log

I used ctrl + alt + f3 and rebooted from terminal using: sudo systemctl reboot

you should provide log …

1 Like

This thread has some good infos on this:

1 Like

My system is fully up to date. Everytime this happens i have to reboot :frowning:

You should probably investigate why the system is freezing in the first place rather than looking for something to “unfreeze” it.

I have spent the past few months trying to investigate my system freezing when I resume after suspend/sleep. I posted a series of post on the old forum, with my settings, and the various logs that I looked at along with the results as I changed kernels from 4.14 to 4.19 to 5.4 to 5.6 and now on 5.7.

I thought it might be down to my using all the memory and having swap active, so I tuned to reduce swap usage, and then tried killing firefox and thunderbird before leaving the machine to it have 7gig of ram free over night, and it still froze with a load average of 0.04.

The freeze varies in duration from 20 minutes to a couple of minutes.

I am able to access the virtual terminals via Alt + F1, Alt + F2 etc. And have tailed the various logs in different virtual terminals to try and see what is going on.

Any ideas on things to look for would be much appreciated. I am running XFCE and a dual monitor setup with 4 workspaces, and lots of stuff running normally.

1 Like

I don’t know if this helps but i was trying to dualboot with windows at the time but i ended up wiping my drive and reinstalling 100% fresh and it the problem went away. Same version of manjaro and all that.