Manjaro freezes several times in a Day

I am new to arch based distro.For few months i have used ubuntu And I just switched to arch based distro and am facing a problem.I have read several formus regarding Manjaro freezing. And nothing worked for me. I am really worried everytime it freezes I have to force shutdown using power button. Today it freezed for third time in a row. My Ouput of neofetch is given Below:

spd@spd-inspiron
Host: Dell Inspiron 7591
Kernel: 5.10.60-1-MANJARO
Uptime: 53 mins
Packages: 1274 (pacman)
Shell: bash 5.1.8
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: Plasma 5.22.4
WM: KWin
WM Theme: WhiteSur-Sharp-dark
Theme: WhiteSurDark [Plasma], Sierra
Icons: Os-Catalina-icons [Plasma], O
Terminal: gnome-terminal
CPU: Intel i7-9750H (12) @ 4.500GHz
GPU: Intel CoffeeLake-H GT2 [UHD Gra
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile
Memory: 2524MiB / 7720MiB

I have 512 ssd with windows and manjaro linux dual booted. Windows doesnot have any problem.But manjaro it freezes randomly.
When it freezes keyboard light is there,display freezes,no sound if i am playing some videos,No response to keyboard or mouse. I donot think there is any problem with hardware.
One of the important thing that i noticed was when it crashed I was generally using my microphone. Although it was not the same case every time. Sometime it crashed when i just logged in. Is there a way to check logs of pulse audio. And next thing when i searched for logs I cound not find any logs for the timestamp when it crashed. What logs should i check? What logs file should i post so that it will be easy for debugging?

Hi @SPD, and welcome!

1. Regarding the need to restart: As I have been told on the forum before, there is hardly ever a reason to hard reset/power off your PC like that. See [HowTo] reboot / turn off your frozen computer: REISUB/REISUO for more information.

2. I doubt if I’ll be able to help you, but please see How to provide good information, for anyone else trying to help.

Hope you come right!

2 Likes

I will try REISUB next time when it freezes. And thanks for the reply.

REISUB method didnot work for me. Any other way?

Check for BIOS updates.

Also worth to test:

Often, freezes are hardware / firmware related and not reproducible, logs are quickly lost when you hard reset the PC and therefore the real reason is not easy to detect. I would try other kernels as well.

1 Like

REISUB method only works when my laptop is working fine but when it freezes i cannot use REISUB reboot Anyone please? Can someone just tell me how just to keep logs even if i force shutdown? I donot think it is problem with hardware…Windows 10 works fine…I switched from distro to distro in linux but nothing worked I haved kernel too…Are there some specific reason to freeze computer/linux?