Manjaro Freezes on Startup Screen

Hello,

I started having an issue recently where my machine will freeze at the Manjaro start-up screen (screen with “Manjaro” at the bottom with the three status dots). Has anyone else had this issue, or know how to get past it?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Have you try some search in the forum?

Also, without system information we can’t know if is related to this for example

Follow [HowTo] Provide System Information and share it with us.

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I’ve tried searching the forum, but I can’t find anything that appears to be the same as my problem. In the first example you provided, it sounds like their system is booting into the terminal. In the second example, it sounds like they are getting stuck in the login screen.

I’m only able to get to the screen prior to the login screen, where it says “Manjaro” at the bottom and there are three status dots that illuminate sequentially as the system boots. If I hit the Esc key while at this screen, I see the following:

"/dev/mapper/luks-cdfd8ff4-c22f-4212-8ce0-ad5acd508570: recovering journal
Error reading block 60885539 (input/output error).

/dev/mapper/luks-cdfd8ff4-c22f-4212-8ce0-ad5acd508570: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY (i.e., without -a or -p options)"

My system info is as follows:

Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz CPU
Intel HD GPU
16GB Memory

I hope this helps.

Can you get to a TTY and run fsck manually on that partition?

I haven’t been able to access the terminal as of yet, but can get to the grub menu if that helps. Could I do this with a live boot USB? If so, can you explain?