Manjaro Forum + Palemoon : browser unsupported

My ideal about FOSS phylosopy it’s Hyperbola GNU/Linux Libre

www.hyperbola.info

The team is doing a really nice work, mantaining the distro completely libre software. Also, the choices about packaging from Debian for stability is interesting

No doubt, the philosophy is great, but most people i know just want to have the ability to work and have the work done quickly. In creative realm, like architecture is almost impossible to do things with something else than Autodesk products (Civil and/or Robot) for instance. In music there are decent alternatives, but there are very few that venture the Linux road. In concept art, either that is for game industry or movie industry, most artists i know (around 2000) don’t even care about FOSS or Linux. They use Adobe products exclusively - either on MacOS or Windows - even tho there is Krita: for 3D they use Cinema 4D, Maya, Max, Keyshot, Rhinoceros 3D - even tho there is Blender (but still, with an Nvidia GPU you are still stuck with proprietary drivers). The people i know in accounting for instance, they all use proprietary software, especially those that have a large number of clients, and they can’t drop the Microsoft Office even tho there are alternatives.

Yeah, I agree
The best solution, that colud make everyone happy, it’s to have separate repos for unfree software.
So, the hard-die Stallman disciple user can simply remove the unfree repos if he want, and using Linux following his poibt of view

So it would be some like:
unstable free
unstable proprietary
and
testing free
testing proprietary
and
stable free
stable proprietary
?

Probably this can help How To Find The Installed Proprietary Packages In Arch Linux

Yeah, exactley like that

Better :

Core free
Community free
Extra free
Multilib free

Core unfree
Community unfree
Extra unfree
Multilib unfree

Unfree repos should also include kernels’ proprietary blobs
The kernels in the repos should be the libre-deblobbed versions

Also, returning to a init alternative additional to systemd could be great.
Runit use a similar syntax to systemd in some parts, if I remember well

Artix Linux support also runit, thier patches should help

Oh well …

From just a quick and probably not quite informed position about all this, i guess perfect FOSS is a myth and if Manjaro would take the road to separate those repos and also offer an alternative to systemd, it should triple, or at least double the team members number, but then …

Is how Artix Linux actually became a distro, @artoo left Manjaro to do the very great thing, that is an Arch based Linux without systemd, that otherwise was not quite possible.

Yeah
I know it reqires lot of effort
Perfect FOSS it’s hard, but not impossible.

I don’t know if, technically, separate free and unfree repos its possible writing scripts that automatize this process