Manjaro Deepin ISO

New Manjaro Deepin iso image released with new DDE Desktop

Main content of this update:

• Update Manjaro system to the latest
  • New Deepin Desktop Environment
  • Replace deepin-wm with deepin-kwin
  • Fixed problem where pop up messages just appear as a blurry outline
  • Fixed problem where wallpaper options briefly appeared and disappeared, causing the dock to vanish.

Notice: The password for livecd user “manjaro” is manjaro

Github: GitHub - wiwyil2tr/manjarodeepiniso: latest Manjaro Deepin iso

File name: manjaro-deepin-23.0.3-231005-linux61.iso
Size: 3.9GB

Please download it from github

My google drive is full even though i deleted the previous images

• All the previous releases will be deleted to save space

can’t download it for some reason

maybe the GH CI scripts should been used to create downloads on github itself like we do with some or our development ISOs … example

1 Like

I’ll try to upload it somewhere else and post the new download link

Packages-Desktop and profile.conf are uploaded to github.

I have uploaded the image to github in the form of multipart archive

Great work! Thanks a lot

In the meantime, let’s say I won’t be reinstalling my current Manjaro Deepin by now.

Can you post here how to solve the bug:

• Fixed problem where pop up messages just appear as a blurry outline

Cheers

1 Like

Replace deepin-wm with deepin-kwin.
You should remove deepin-wm at first.

It has been solved in the new DDE desktop
if you are running old version of DDE, update to the latest version. If that doesn’t work, try removing DDE and reinstall it.

I just installed your Deepin on HD.

The user ( me ) that installed(!!) Deepin is not an Admin, even if i opted to use the same password as root.

Don’t see any files in filemanager, could not mount other partitions could not ad a new admin user …

I’ll remove it !!

1 Like

This is a problem with the latest file manager. You can replace it with nautilus.

The user created during Installation is actually an Administrator, but the deepin control centre displays it as a standard user. The installed user can still use sudo command.

Manjaro deepin is manjaro with dde desktop. If you don’t like deepin, just replace dde with another desktop environment. There is no need to uninstall the entire system.

My main Manjaro is still a fine running XFCE!

I have a multiboot system and had a Deepin 20.9 version running that suddenly does not allow to update google-chrome-stable, so i looked for alternatives: the origin chinese Deepin 23 is still really beta and also your Deepin is not usable. No probs, i’ll try Fedora now :slight_smile:

hi trying this new one but updating dont work cant update system or install stuff

Is there an error message? Did you update the repositories before installing software?
If the official manjaro pacman repository doesn’t work, you can use another repository.

did use terminal and the pacman

Hi,

1. I have a problem with deepin-compressor

error while loading shared libraries: libcompressor-interface.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

But this file exists in usr/lib/deepin-compressor/plugins/

1. Can you also add redsift-qt as in the original Deepin? Without it, the night shift doesn’t work.

Since the deepin 23 desktop environment is still unstable (the official one is still a beta version), the iso image update frequency will be reduced before the stable version is released.

Howdy,
I just found this thread - I’ve been a Manjaro KDE user for awhile but I’ve been wanting to give DDE a try. It appears the last iso is from Oct. of 2023. Is there a more current iso?

.Nope.

Thank you for letting me. I’m about to find out how the install goes.

Before deepin 23 stable is officially released, there will be fewer iso image updates because the new DDE is still unstable.I once made a new image in January, but there were many problems, so I didn’t upload it and changed the upload frequency. Manjaro Deepin ISO - #41 by wiwyil2tr Because it’s been too long since the last update, I am currently considering making another image, and the iso profile will be rewritten.

1 Like