Manjaro crash and dont start

What is the output of:

sudo blkid

… from within the chroot environment?

   ~  sudo blkid                                          ✔ 
/dev/loop1: TYPE="squashfs"
/dev/loop2: TYPE="squashfs"
/dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
/dev/mapper/ventoy: BLOCK_SIZE="2048" UUID="2023-04-21-10-04-39-00" LABEL="MANJARO_KDE_2210" TYPE="iso9660" PTTYPE="dos"
/dev/sda2: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL_FATBOOT="VTOYEFI" LABEL="VTOYEFI" UUID="C559-2E5D" BLOCK_SIZE="512" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="e1d2cc2e-02"
/dev/sda1: LABEL="Ventoy" UUID="BC9E-47E4" BLOCK_SIZE="512" TYPE="exfat" PTTYPE="dos" PARTUUID="e1d2cc2e-01"
/dev/loop3: TYPE="squashfs"

Your SSD drive may have been disconnected from the SATA socket. Check that the connection is firm; and swap the cable in case it’s damaged. If the SSD still doesn’t appear in blkid output after that, then yes, a complete reinstall might be your only option (if the SSD is undamaged).

I connected an SSD that I have for backup and it was recognized immediately. it means that the SSD with Manjaro is damaged. but I wonder, how is this possible? without any warning! it is an INTENSE SSD with 2 years of life.

I wonder if sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda will reveal anything? … as for the disappearing data, SSDs apparently can fail in this manner, unfortunately.

I doubt that would reveal much when the SSD doesn’t appear to be detected at all; it seems kaputski, from information provided.

Perhaps it will make a fine paperweight.

1 Like