Manjaro Circle (Splashscreen)

Just a modification to the presentation screen manipulated by Paulo Creto, hope you like it:

T+ = See you later

3 Likes

10/10

Just a tip:

Instead of:

sudo cp -R manjaro.circle/ /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel

Rather do a:

mv manjaro.circle ~/.local/share/plasma/look-and-feel/

This way, it’s in your home directory and won’t be removed, or changed, or something with a future update.

2 Likes

You are correct, but I use it where I mentioned and it never changed by updates but I will insert your “important tip there in opendesktop/pling” thank you very much

T+ = See you later

1 Like

This might have the side-effect of rendering the image unusable in certain cases - such as the background of the display manager, which will not necessarilly have access to a given users owned files.

I just tested it again.

On my PC the splash screen only shows on successful login. Which is fine if you customized your splash screen. So I’m guessing it should then just not be available for selection for any other user, which is how I suspect customization per-user is expected to work.

I don’t understand, what could be the problem?

For the little (many years using) KDE Plasma and Linux I don’t see where it would cause a problem in the system it’s just a “QML” file that can be modified to taste

T+ = See you later

Well thats not in a user home folder … thats in the system files (root) … so what I said doesnt apply.
The reply was in response to the destination being in a user home folder.

In such a case the file is not accessible by everyone, so something like a login background or splash screen would not load.

I tested this, and am using it as I sit here. I believe it simply wouldn’t be selectable to by a different user, to use as his/her/its splash screen. As per my previous response:

If they can’t access it, they won’t be able to select it, and thus won’t be able to use it. And if it can’t be selected to be used, it won’t have the permission errors according to I.

Anyway, I don’t understand anything about the debate between you, my English is bad.

But I know that the manjaro.circle theme either in /usr/share/plasma/look-and-fell or in ~/.local/share/plasma/look-and-feel/ will work and very well, and the best without affecting or colapse the system at all.

Be at peace!

T+ = See you later, bye bye, to the next…

If the splashscreen is installed to /home/USER_A/.local/share/plasma/look-and-feel/ will it also work for USER_B ?
It certainly seemed to not be the case for other settings, like SDDM background.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.