Manjaro-chroot command not found

trying to reinstall grub after reinstalling windows which was installed along side manjaro kde.

on the use manjaro-chroot part
i’m getting command not found error

i realized that after running following command ,

root # manjaro-chroot /mnt /bin/bash 

the terminal is considering the manjaro installation in disk as the root partition therefore manjaro-chroot doesnt exist in /usr/bin . So what do i do now?

if not installed, for find a file :

sudo pacman -Fy     # update database
pacman -F manjaro-chroot

result:

extra/manjaro-tools-base 0.15.12-1 (manjaro-tools) [installé: 0.15.13-1]
    usr/bin/manjaro-chroot
extra/manjaro-tools-base-git r2952.bc23dce-1 (manjaro-tools)
    usr/bin/manjaro-chroot

or more simple ?

pamac search manjaro-chroot --files

:wink:

1 Like
sudo pacman -Syu manjaro-tools-base
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core.db failed to download
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from repo.skni.umcs.pl : Could not resolve host: repo.skni.umcs.pl
warning: too many errors from repo.skni.umcs.pl, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.datacenter.by : Could not resolve host: mirror.datacenter.by
warning: too many errors from mirror.datacenter.by, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from manjaro.mirrors.theom.nz : Could not resolve host: manjaro.mirrors.theom.nz
warning: too many errors from manjaro.mirrors.theom.nz, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid url for server)

i’m connected through ethernet

can i just move that script to the mounted location and then run it?

1 Like

Thank you for that
trying to install anything gets me

[manjaro ~]# sudo pacman -Syu manjaro-tools-base
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
warning: manjaro-tools-base-0.15.13-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) manjaro-tools-base-0.15.13-1

Total Installed Size:  0.07 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                        [#######################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                      [#######################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                           [#######################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                     [#######################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                   [#######################################] 100%
:: Running pre-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Creating Timeshift snapshot before upgrade...
==> skipping timeshift-autosnap due skipRsyncAutosnap in /etc/timeshift-autosnap.conf set to TRUE.
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling manjaro-tools-base                                 [#######################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/2) Refreshing PackageKit...
Error connecting: Could not connect: No such file or directory
error: command failed to execute correctly

Wait, from which environment are you running the command? It will be present if you boot the live image from USB.

i’m in the live boot .

Reinstall of grub was unnecessary in my case so i was able boot into my manjaro installation . Thank you for your time