Manjaro black screen after Timeshift

Hello everyone,

So I’ve been trying to figure out a way to fix this issue, looking at the Manjaro forums and other forums and can’t seem to figure out to fix this issue. So a little backstory, yesterday I was trying to boot up steam but it wasn’t booting up. I initially thought maybe it was because of my nvidia drivers since I updated them from 340 drivers to 450 to download optimus manager, and since I did this steam stopped working.

I tried fixing this issue by installing steam-native however it required 430 drivers and it then deleted all of my 450 utilities. When I did this though even more issues came up since Dolphin, Zoom and even other applications stopped working. To fix this I decided to use timeshift to restore it and when timeshift was done and my system rebooted it has since remained on the black screen. If there is any advice you all can give it would immensely appreciated!

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

It would help to know which NVIDIA GPU you have. Please post your system info as outlined here:

Thanks so much and it’s right here!

httpss://imgur.com/gallery/QMwobLc

(can’t seem to post a link yet so just added an extra s)

Sorry, try again. Again, the instructions are in the link I provided.

Posting the information in text is pretty difficult just because I can’t seem to copy and paste it. But I can hand-type it if you want. But in the meantime.

CPU: i7-9750H

Graphics:
Device-1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 Vendor: Lenovo Driver: 1915 v: kernel
Device-2: NVIDIA (GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile / Max Q-1 vendor: Lenovo driver: nouveau v: kernel

Memory: 8gb of ram

Kernel: 5.9.11-3-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0
parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.9-x86_64
root=UUID=4230c27e-bdb2-43c6-944e-3c6d31374565 rw quiet apparmor=1
secarity=apparmor udev.log_priority=3

Console: tty 2 DM: SDDM DIstro: Manjaro Linux

Hint: In the terminal it’s CtrlShiftC to copy.

There’s your issue. You need the proprietary (non-free) drivers if you want to play games.

Manjaro Settings Manager > Hardware Configuration > Auto Install Proprietary Driver

Ahhh ok the thing is right now is that my issue is that the screen is just on a straight black screen. I got this information from the tty by hitting (ctrl-alt-f2) Hiwever my screen doesn’t boot up anything

As in when I boot up my laptop it doesn’t give me any option to even log into the system, all it shows me is a blank screen with a cursor on it