Manjaro arm on Amlogic Tv box?

Just check whether is there a way to include CPU or GPU Temperature on “HTOP” similar to the HTOP in Armbian ?

First of all I really appreciate your detailed answer and the tips you gave me. Also I would like to thank you for the time you invested to do such a helpfull post.
I agree with you that sometimes what is worthwhile is: “Its not the Destination, It’s the journey.”

Thanks for your nice feedback! I hope my answer will help you.

I had another look in the ‘Device Tree Spec’ document and the numbers after ‘interrupts’ keyword are indeed values and not pointers. Have corrected the image accordingly and reuploaded.

I tried to “blindly” make some changes according to your tips. I don’t know if I did something completely wrong but the test “dtb” file doesn’t boot at all. I am attaching the relevant dtb&dts files for you here.
I am eager to test any file you think would be in the right direction, even based on “wild” guesses as it is obvious that you are more experienced at this subject than me. So if you think it is not much trouble for you to create such file (you don’t even have to convert them to dtbs-even in dts format is enough) I will be glad to try them.
Thank you again for your time.
**tps://mega.nz/file/l48W2ZIQ#LnouvC4Cdqai_hqvQMMou5AOa-64tjmlTQG8fdE-JbE
**tps://mega.nz/file/h91GALbb#acYD17h6gR8DcmeTM-_qZwDVp1xl5RLpH4zjNKbowxo
**=ht

Obviously, you should only change one value at a time, compile a new .dtb and test if it’s still working. I did the mistake myself to change too many things at once , then .dtb was not booting and I did not know what was wrong. :wink:

Obviously you are correct at this. :slightly_smiling_face:
Do you have a tip what you think to change first?(most needed changes/changes in priority?). Also I think that if there is a way to enable only 1 USB port it will be enough, at least for debugging purposes(or it is both or nothing?).

Sorry, no general tips because the cause why USB is not working is unknown.

It is possible to delete non critical parts of the dtb. That way you can try to reduce the complexity of the problem and then later add parts again to the .dtb.

Also try the following:
Delete lines 1915 - 2219 in ugoos.dts. These are directly following USB definitions and are responsible for ethernet and audio (obviously ethernet and audio will not work after boot). It is good to check that there is no interplay between these components (I once had these problems which I described in one of my posts in this thread).

If box then does not boot anymore:

• Only delete lines 1949 - 1955 and see if box boots and check if USB works.
  • Try also deleting lines 1915 - 1957. Again: see if box boots and check if USB works.

No, armbian maintains a custom version of htop while we use vanilla version which is coming from arch linux arm.

Deleting lines 1915-1957 gives me an error when trying to convert from dts to dtb. Also it doesn’t seem to me that this is logical? (meaning that it doesn’t seem to be a complete part/portion/branch of what you say we are trying to delete). Maybe we have different versions of ugoos.dts file and therefore different line numbers???
If you wish you could give me 2-3 different versions of ugoos.dts (with deleted parts)and I can convert them to dtbs and test them.

Please have a look here.

Thank you for the test files (dtbs) :slightly_smiling_face:
After trying them at X88 King I can tell you the following:
Nr0: Boots OK - No USB ports - I can shut down the box through SSH (“shutdown now”) as there is no other way/option due to USB ports not working.
Nr1: Boots OK - No USB ports - No SSH
Nr2: Boots OK - No USB ports - No SSH
Nr3: Boots OK - No USB ports - No SSH
So I guess that at the last 3 test “dtb” files you gave me you deleted/omitted wifi ?
If you think that there are other options or test files to try in order to enable USB ports, I will be glad to test them.
PS: I am still not allowed to attach links - even the one quoted by you !!! :roll_eyes:

Installed Linux-5.11.1-1 and mesa-git from Unstable Branch, sound, wifi, ethernet and Panfrost all running smoothly.

Thank you Manjaro Team.

Edit: I notice in linux-mainline kernel (linux-5.10.16-1, 5.11.0-3 and 5.11.1-1) where the governor default to “schedutil”, browsing in Chromium or Firefox at times, the system will freeze for a few second (inactive) and then active again.

Does anyone else experience this?

I tried different dtbs for my X88 King, combining/taking into account the dtbs from manjaro-stock android-coreelec and of course the valuable help/tips from @TheMojoMan (who I would like to thank once more).
It seems to be more difficult/complicated than I would expect :pensive:

From updates I have lost sound, sound card, and even wifi so can’t use Manjaro any more.

Installed 5.11.1-1 (mainline kernel) on my X96MaxPlus and have the old problem:

• Box does not boot with my .dtb-file.
  • Changed clock-controller compatibility from “amlogic,sm1-audio-clkc” to “amlogic,g12a-audio-clkc” and box boots again.
  • Sound card is recognized but audio/video-playback stalls.
  • Changed audio section in .dtb to reflect that of odroid-c4 but still no sound.
  • I even made odroid-c4 based .dtb bootable for my box but still no sound.

Anyway, wifi (88x2cs driver) is still working with mainline kernel.

This is the same “old” issue with the mainline kernel. Hope that can be solved.

Yes if the device support is not maintained then it cause issues on every update. Hence we have to test every device we have before releasing every update.

Sorry that you guys have to face this but it’s nearly impossible to support so many devices with very limited resource.
If you can share what needs to be patched then maybe I can try to patch it in our kernel.

Yes, upgraded to latest Arm-Stable 2021-02-26 without issue all key functions working (ethernet, wifi, sound) to linux-5.11.1-1 with mesa-git (Stable Branch).