Manjaro arm on Amlogic Tv box?

Yeah I really think bootloader too but if I flashed it the box brick. You are so lucky that you didn’t brick. if it is another solution without modifiing bootloader would be nice

No luck, I have bricked the box many times, most of the firmware did not load at all (Toshiba 032GE problem)

I think there is a variable in the bootloader environment that defines the size of RAM or tz bin

Hi,
Does Someone have a dtb file that enabled the ethernet network for mecool the km3 tv box? The meson-g12a-sei510.dtb file does not enable the ethernet network card in my mecool km3 tv box.

The speed of the ethernet network card of my mecool km3 is 100 MB.

Thanks.

hi, i found out that for reboot and shutdown to work i have to remove this : quiet splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles from uEnv.ini file, maybe it can work for you, i am using linux kernel.
Otherwise, can you tell me if you can play games like wormax, slither io or agar io smoothly? For me there are a lot of jerks under the chromium. thx

Hi @Dams2000
Thanks for the info to resolve reboot and shutdown. Will try it later and revert to you and @spikerguy.

FYI, I have been trying to figure out why on Manjaro-Arm-Gnome Chromium regularly slither or momentarily (split second) freeze when on webglsamples Aquarium and when streaming Youtube videos.

Based on your input on Chromium there are a lot of jerk you are facing the same issue I am facing. I have not tried any games on Manjaro-Arm-Gnome.

So far, I have not found a solution yet.

In Ubuntu Impish or Focal, I don’t have any issue on Chromium streaming Youtube videos or weglsamples Aquarium regular split second freeze/jerk.

Hi @Dams2000 and @spikerguy ,

Confirmed. By removing quiet splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles from uEnv.ini Reboot now work! Thank you @Dams2000.

I have a compromised solution for the Manjaro-Arm-Gnome Chromium regular split second freeze/jerky when streaming youtube videos and when running webglsamples.org Aquarium. Disable Chromium flags “–in-process-gpu”

~/.config/chromium-flags.conf
--ignore-gpu-blocklist
#--in-process-gpu
--enable-gpu-rasterization
--enable-zero-copy
--use-gl=egl
--ozone-platform-hint=auto

Compromised solution in the sense that WebGL Hardware acceleration is at reduced performance and Compositing is Software Only.

wegglsamples.org Aquarium 500 Fish fps dropped to 27-31 fps compared to 38-50+ fps. Chromium video streaming now uses higher CPU resources compared to when “–in-process-gpu” is Enabled.

As mentioned earlier, on Ubuntu Focal/Impish Chromium with --in-proces-gpu enabled there is no issue with split second freeze/jerky youtube video or Aquarium

1 Like

Thank you for testing, I did give an hour to try Tobetters kernel on am6 and that one failed to reboot too then I realized that its something wrong somewhere else.

Thank you for finding this. Happy to work for such a lovely community members.

As there are many changes upstream for panfrost gpu is very unstable lately. I have not tested personally but manjaro team members are testing it regularly on kde and gnome.

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

Thanks to @Dams2000 who highlighted the work around.

I had earlier tested on mainline linux and linux-odorid kernels too and had the same issue failed to reboot. That is prior to disabling plymouth.

The Chromium regular split second freeze/jerky youtube streaming and webgl Aquarium is puzzling.

The reason is puzzling is on one Bullseye-Gnome installation there is no issue and on another Bulllseye-Gnome installation there is issue. It is not related to mesa as far as I can tell in sense both Bullseye installations used the same mesa from Debian Sid.

Only removing quiet should fix the issue no need to remove splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles

Its weird it reboots fine without quiet and sometimes it gets stuck again.

I also found that modules were in-built and also added to modules hook. I will look deeper and clean the amlogic pkgs for next built.

yea it is true that stopping plymouth completely fixes the issue.

If you still have the dts you used for amr6b+ then can you please share it with me?
It will make my work easier as I plan to work on am6b+ during this weeks holidays.

Thanks.

Hello @Dams2000
Have you got wifi6 to work on AM6B Plus ? I am still not able to get it to work with multiple wifi firmwares. I tried it with AM6BPlus dtb and also gt king pro dtb

Update, Got it,
found the mistake.

Hi, sorry for the late reply but I was having a hard time with my poor quality wifi.

yes of course, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mYwWFMC8kHbn1ln1FKOyG5dESwFi6eRF/view?usp=sharing

what was the error ? what firmware do you use please ? do you get a good wifi quality ?
thank

I used it from. Chewitts source.

No it can only register the wlan but cannot scan.
I will share the logs once home.

Hi @spikerguy Kernel Panic when Epiphany 42.2-1 stream Youtube Video

Just updated to Arm-Stable-Update-2022-05-06. I was trying out Gnome-Web (epiphany -42.2-1) on GT King Pro Gnome-linux-khdas-5.17.5-1.

Had two kernel panic both time streaming Youtube video with Web-browser Epiphany 42.2-1. First time yesterday evening and second kernel panic just a while ago. Both time Epiphany 42.2-1 was streaming Youtube for less than 10 minutes. Most likely is Epiphany 42.2-1 related issue which causes the kernel panic.

Do not have kernel panic while streaming Youtube with Chromium or Firefox.

Wonder anybody else is encountering this issue with Epiphany-Browser 42.2-1 using same linux-khadas or different kernel?

1 Like

I have a problem after the manjaro update & upgrade process on the android tv box, stuck on conflict:

Checking file conflicts...
Failed to commit transaction:
conflicting files:
- vim3-post-install: /usr/bin/g12_sound.sh already exists in filesystem (owned by khadas-utils)
- vim3-post-install: /usr/lib/systemd/system/sound.service already exists in filesystem (owned by khadas-utils)
- vim3-post-install: /usr/share/alsa/cards/G12B-KHADAS-VIM3.conf already exists in filesystem (owned by khadas-utils)

using tv box Wechip V9 (s905x3) similiar with X96 Air/X96 Max+
dtb using meson-g12a-sei510 .dtb

Hi @spikerguy,

I notice on Manjaro-Arm-Gnome-linux-khadas-5.17.5-1 after boot-up to Desktop Environment. The system is still not fully settled yet in the sense, command like:

jflim@jflim-gtkpro    systemd-analyze
Bootup is not yet finished (org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.FinishTimestampMonotonic=0).
Please try again later.
Hint: Use 'systemctl list-jobs' to see active jobs
   jflim@jflim-gtkpro    systemd-analyze blame
Bootup is not yet finished (org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.FinishTimestampMonotonic=0).
Please try again later.
   jflim@jflim-gtkpro    systemctl list-jobs
JOB UNIT                                 TYPE  STATE  
118 systemd-networkd-wait-online.service start running
114 smb.service                          start waiting
2   multi-user.target                    start waiting
120 nmb.service                          start waiting
1   graphical.target                     start waiting
115 network-online.target                start waiting

6 jobs listed.
 jflim@jflim-gtkpro    systemctl list-jobs
JOB UNIT                                 TYPE  STATE  
118 systemd-networkd-wait-online.service start running
114 smb.service                          start waiting
2   multi-user.target                    start waiting
120 nmb.service                          start waiting
1   graphical.target                     start waiting
115 network-online.target                start waiting

6 jobs listed.
 jflim@jflim-gtkpro   

After 2 minutes the command:

Please try again later.

Check again at 8 minutes after boot up, the “systemd-analyze” return expected results:

jflim@jflim-gtkpro    systemctl list-jobs
No jobs running.
Startup finished in 4.204s (kernel) + 2min 3.161s (userspace) = 2min 7.366s 
graphical.target reached after 2min 3.160s in userspace

Is this normal? The system boot up to Desktop Environment relatively fast but the above command seems to indicate the it is still not fully settled after boot up to Desktop Environment.

Can you check if the drive your using for the os is working fine or it about time for it to die?

Maybe the read write speed on the drive have depreciated? .
Just a thought.

As far as I can remember the USB Flash is relatively new less than a year old. Other than “systemd-analyze” indicating system still not ready, apps do launch as expected. The image boot up to Desktop fast.

How to test whether it is deprecated?

Edit: So far Manjaro-Arm-Gnome-linux-khadas-5.17.5-1 runs well so far just to point out “systemd-analyze” issue which is puzzling. Wonder any other users had encounter this.

TV Box Internet Radio Recorder (TVBIRR) is an ansible playbook to configure a X96 Max+ (or similar, if you adjust the playbook) TV box running Armbian to act as an internet radio streaming and recording device that you can operate entirely with the infrared remote included with the TV box. It includes a playlist of over 32000 free-to-play internet radio stations.

1 Like

Hi, sorry if these are stupid questions.

Is this rtl8822cs driver only for the 5.12 kernel or does it work with the 5.11 kernel too? I’ve been going through this thread and I’m a bit lost on this. I’m assuming this installation can be done though chroot, right?

I burned the Manjaro-ARM-xfce-vim3-21.03.img.xz image on the SD card, and I’m using the meson-sm1-x96maxplus-vim100m.dtb found on the Amlogic TV boxes wiki page (is this the right version to get?). It boots without issue on my x96 Max+ (4GB Ram, 32GB ROM). It’s running the 5.11.4 kernel according to the output of “inxi -F.” WiFi doesn’t work. USB soundcard works. I mistakenly used a patch cable instead of a crossover cable to connect the x96 Max+ to my main PC, but ethernet probably also works because the network icon got alive with that rolling circle.

I haven’t opened my tv box to check, but if the distinct versions of this device can be identified by the memory/storage specs, then my box should have the same rtl8822cs wifi chipset according to this Spanish review.

By the way, this Spanish website also has a page with an update for the stock firmware here. But I have no idea where they got that from nor how legit it is…

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. I’ll try one of the most recent Odroid images and dtb files.

Uh… I downloaded the latest (22.06) xfce images for the Odroid N2+ and Khadas Vim 3, burned both on the SD card with Balena Etcher, and couldn’t find the “uEnv.ini” file on the BOOT_MNJRO partition of either image. I only see a boot.ini file. And there’s no extlinux.conf file either.

Haven’t seen anyone mentioning this issue, so not sure what’s up. I must be missing something…