Manjaro ARM Beta5 with Phosh (PinePhone)

Yes when I upgrade, I am using the GUI, update from beta4 > beta5 was successful but I can still see Nemo, then later I saw somewhere that “Nemo” got dropped in favour of “Portfolio” which I can not see on my device after update.

You need to remove nemo and install portfolio. For some reason manjaro is not making these changes for you automatically, even when on x86-64 pacman asks to replace current package with the one that replaces it.

1 Like

With the latest version my phone at a random time starts to vibrate. The vibration never stops until reboot. Has anyone noticed this behavior?

I have had it happen a couple times over previous betas, so not something new. Always in response to incoming text or call.

Sorry for a noob question - how can I test the latest modem-related updates described in the bugtracker? Switching to the unstable branch doesn’t help (pacman -Syu returns with nothing to do), and as I see according to mirrors, this branch hasn’t been changed since February 4th. Should I switch to testing branch instead?

Simply download a nightly build.

nmtui does not fit onto the screen when going into the submenu on activating connections.
In portrait mode, both sides are chopped off, and in landscape mode the keyboard obscures almost everything.
can this be scaled?

I have not flashed any of the new beta releases but used the updating functionality (which does not always work via GUI, pacman does work) since getting the device. I think I read flashing would have advantages vs. just updating. I’m wondering why it should and would be like that. For the average user, even average pinephone user, flashing memory card vs. accepting new updates when prompted to, is quite a different thing to do.

Another thing. As I have not flashed the new releases but used the offered update or run “pacman -SyyU”, I’m thinking that my SMS should not have disappeared. But they have. Might be somewhere around Beta 2 → Beta 3. Have to admit that I have not been able to use pinephone as my phone or daily driver as they say.

How well do dedicated email apps like thunderbird or geary work with it?

geary-mobile works