The Manjaro ARM project is proud to announce our fourteenth BETA release for the PinePhone running Phosh!
This image is running the 5.13 kernel from Megi, which is designed for the PinePhone.
- Firefox uses a dedicated configuration and plays videos on Youtube pretty well
- Camera app with access to back and front camera, including autofocus
- Auto-Rotate function and manual rotate
- Welcome wizard for easy setup of the device
- We have now a working Torch in the quick-access-menu
- Prime phone functions working, including resume from deep-sleep and free speaking
- Recording of audio works
- Most applications got added to
- Haptic feedback functions are given
- Optimized keyboard layout for terminal
- Maps working with geolocate
- Volume buttons working
- Sensors fully functional
- Easy access to Bluetooth, Wlan, Rotate and Mobile functions via quick settings
- Default branch is
arm-stable. This can be changed by editing
- usage of callaudiod for better audio experience with calls
- This image uses a Crust enabled uboot
- Kernel got updated to 5.13.14
- pipewire got updated to 0.3.34
- We switched back to PulseAudio due to issues with switching profiles automatically
- callaudiod includes now a patch to mute the microphone. However, your call participant might hear a ticking sound when muting.
- Calls got renewed to 41beta
- Phosh is now at 0.13.1
- chatty got updated to 0.4.0-beta2
- eg25-manager is now at 0.4.0 and got an enhanced modem management added
- pinephone-manjaro-tweaks got a list to enable adaptive apps on the launcher
- systemd got renewed to 249.4
- bluez is now at 5.61
- firefox got renewed to 91.0.2
- mesa is now at 21.2.1
- we now use ngl as OpenGL render. This will make usage of MegaPixels faster
- regular package updates
A detailed list of package changes can be found here.
- GPS may not work as it should
- You may loose the modem often. If that is the case call
systemctl edit --full ModemManagerand then edit
- it may take longer to wake up from deep-sleep mode when a call is incoming. Most of the time that call will vibrate only.
- after a deep sleep (more than 30 mins nothing happening on the phone) the phone might wake up due to an incoming call, but won’t ring. You only will get notified with a missed call, when the caller hangs up. You may want to flash Biktorgj’s Firmware 0.3.1 or later.
- UI becomes unresponsive after a while.
- Doing a recording may result in noisy audio savings
- Lots of apps are still missing or are not mobile friendly yet.
About the device:
Perhaps you’re in a line of work where security is a must, or a hard-core Linux enthusiast, or perhaps you’ve just got enough of Android and iOS and you’re ready for something else – the PinePhone may be the next Phone for you. Powered by the same Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53 64-Bit SOC used in our popular PINE A64 Single Board Computer, the PinePhone runs mainline Linux as well as anything else you’ll get it to run.
The purpose of the PinePhone isn’t only to deliver a functioning Linux phone to end-users, but also to actively create a market for such a device, as well as to support existing and well established Linux-on-Phone projects. All major Linux Phone-oriented projects, as well as other FOSS OS’, are represented on the PinePhone and developers work together on our platform to bring support this this community driven device.
Pinephones Beta Edition are still on stock. Visit the Pine64 Store
How to install:
Download the image/xz file from the download location. Verify that the download completed successfully.
After that, install Etcher (
sudo pacman -S etcher if on Manjaro) and burn the to an SD card (8 GB or larger).
The PinePhone should recognize the SD card as a bootable device and boot from it.
The premade users are:
We will list our progress to Beta15 here
- Beta14 (2021-09-05) Download
- based on stable branch
- Dev (2021-09-06) Download
- Dev (2021-09-07) Download
- Dev (2021-09-08) Download
- based on unstable branch
- added MMS UI settings to chatty
- properly add PostmarketOS Tweaks to the profile
gnss: properly clean temporary file before downloading assistance datato eg25-manager
- Dev (2021-09-09) Download
- Dev (2021-09-10) Download
- Dev (2021-09-11) Download
- Dev (2021-09-12) Download
- Dev (2021-09-13) Download
- based on unstable branch
- appstream-data got updated by Arch
- eg25-manager got some more gnss fixes
- kwayland got updated to 5.86.0
- Kernel is now at 5.14.3