Manjaro ARM Beta1 with Phosh (PinePhone)

Incoming call problem exists without change,
Is there any chance of a solution within phosh? ATM with O2 and the actual builds incoming calls more than 50% of all does not wake up modem or not in time.

Phone services ATM on the pinephone quite useless :frowning:

2 Likes

Closing this thread as this is A very old beta release thread.

Please continue on the latest release thread

It isn’t @spikerguy. You may have missed the second post. @Pak0st, I found the missing patches and added them. With latest 5.9.1-8 kernel HDMI should be more stable …

2 Likes

Maybe give this a try, which uses the Megi kernel and power-modem driver. On our end we did not yet adopt to it, as we have first to try out on how to make it work. Our last try blocked ModemManager completely.

1 Like

@philm, I am just completing my second sanity check of 5.9.1-8 right now for the HDMI (it’s taking awhile to reflash + update the image).

Model: postmarketOS v1.2a 3GB

First try with Posh got stable HDMI with both the Baseus and the original convergence dock :+1:

Second try with Lomiri gets stable connection as well with the same docks. It wasn’t as cooperative at logging into the shell during boot (the session crashes - haven’t looked at the logs) with the dock connected unlike Posh. But once the PinePhone is on with the new kernel - I get the connection as expected.

Tried both with using the 2 docks connected during boot and the docks disconnected during boot.

The Anker might be pulling a bit too much power (I haven’t gotten it to work with any distro so far).

Note:
On my board your 5.9.1-7 kernel also got the HDMI working on my device though I haven’t checked for any other functionality.

Amazing, @philm!

Re-installing Posh for a photo (the one I remembered to take earlier was with 5.9.1-7)

[Update]:
Here it is again:

Lomiri wasn’t a good fit for the photo - having the external monitor as a touchpad both prevents the terminal from showing up and doesn’t provide context :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm with latest image hdmi output is now working correctly! Nice job!

Just got my Manjaro edition Pinephone. It rocks, and you guys are doing a fantastic job. I love it!

Using the 10/29 image and 11/4 image, the entries in /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist point to arm-stable repos. Changing them to arm-unstable corrects some issues. (local packages greater than packages in repo) Is this intentionally left at stable?

Tested it. Problem stays exact the same as with Manjaro :frowning:
Calls could to 90% not received if phone is in sleep state. Phone was up and starts modem and at first tries to establish the WiFi connection before mobile connection. If this goes tooo long caller gives up.

Can the start/init process of the modem be changed? At first init mobile data and after this the WiFi connection?

This would make the connection to mobile services up to 10 seconds and more faster. A lot more calls could be received then

Hi, I just installed the latest beta image and then installed the anbox and anbox-image packages. Anbox is not launching for some reason. Is there any other package I need to install?

Depending on what kernel version it is and also if the modules are enabled in the kernel. But I posted this for the pi4 for a guy.

1 Like

You need to enable the anbox-container-manager.service on boot.

1 Like

I did a clean install and when I do sudo pacman -S anbox-image anbox, It fails to receive some packages (lxc-1:4.0.5-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz). It fails to install…

All the mirrors for lxc package returns 404.

Edit: I did a pacman -Syyu and it installed afterwards

I did sudo systemctl start anbox-container-manager.service. Is that enough?

Anyone have any luck or know what need to do to make espeak or festival work?

Got my phone yesterday.
Played a bit with it. Still I think, a lot of streaming is neaded, just to reach the same usability the Jolla Phone hat back then. But the made the Phone and the OS, hence had a lot more control over their system.

Still I want to add some problems: perhaps they might be independent on the desktop, I don’t know!

General: app startapp takes a very long. Window sizes.
Telegram: can’t change the state or phone number. At least not undocked.
Bluethooth: audio play on YouTube stopped after seconds, while I still could hearssounds from the testing internal speaker part of the settings.
Bluetooth: wasn’t running a call
Settings: sound - testing internal speaker cannot be closed, in the settings app itself.
keyring + geary: after deleting the keyring geary does not start anymore. Before it wasn’t usable because of a misset pw.
Firefox: can’t show Chinese or Japanese characters. Didn’t test other local characterset s so far.
Today tapes are detected even worse, like really have to press hard and even then, the tap is detected in the wrong position.