Manjaro ARM 20.12 released!

No worries, that’s a pity but thanks for the prompt response.

Hello everyone!
I have an Orange Pi 4 board (RK3399).
I tried to install an image for Rock Pi and RockPro64 on this board. But it doesn’t work.
I like Manjaro. Please make a image for the Orange Pi 4 board.

We don’t have any dev boards yet, so we can’t test.

I just tried 20.12.1 minimal on my rockpro64 and it worked great. Thanks.

Hello, I’m a long time Manjaro user and I’ll like to tinker with linux on ARM and contribute with something if possible.

I wanted to buy an Odroid N2+ but it seems to be unavailable everywhere, the only thing I could buy at a reasonable cost was the Nanopi M4v2, It’ll arrive in about three weeks.

This particular model does not seem to be listed in the supported devices, had anyone gotten it to work Manjaro?

It should work with some of the existing rk3399 board images then you can see what all works and what io needs to be look into.

Will try when the board arrives. Thanks.

Have you had dual display working on the rk3399 4c (HDMI+DP)?

No coz there is no dp support over typec for 4c but have tested it on PBP where you have the laptop screen and cab connect hdmi over type-c and that works fine on extended or mirror mode.

1 Like

Sorry, I should perhaps have been clearer… I have a RockPi 4c, which has mini display port and micro hdmi. The manjaro (plasma) 20.12 image is only driving the micro hdmi port. I’d say that the second monitor is being probed, but there’s no drm device nodes on the file system. There are nodes for /dev/dri/card0 and /dev/dri/card1 though…

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Note that we have dual display working using the debian stretch live build, with the plasma destop spanning both displays, so the hardware is good.

The Rock Pi 4C DTS does not have a DP node in the kernel. So the kernel does not know it exists.

Giving it a shot on my RPi 4 right now. Had to find my old HowTo’s from the old forums haha! I’m back though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any plans for Odroid HC4 support? It’s pretty similar to the Odroid C4☺️

If it gets support in the mainline kernel, then maybe.

But it looks to be more like a server device, so a “rolling release” is probably not a good fit. :wink:

1 Like

I’d love to have it running Manjaro Arm minimal and use it as media server and run some light weight web apps.

Ill check with Odroid if they’re interested.
What do you plan to use it for with Manjaro?

1 Like

Hello. which img should I pick for an Iconikal Rockchip RK3328? Too bad there is not specific img for the RK3328 cpu :cry:

It looks alot like the Rock64, so try using that option in the “Manjaro ARM Installer” and see if it boots.

Hey, Strit. Do you mean the RockPro64 img? Sy but I dont want to screw it up. Thanks!!! :grinning:

No. We don’t have any images for rk3328 boards, so you have to create an install with the “Manjaro ARM Installer” script.

Oh I got it. Thanks. I will give it a try once my board arrives!!!