Manjaro ARM 20.12 released!

Sorry you will need manjaro-arm-tools
Here is a detailed tutorial for the same.

1 Like

Hi Strit,

If already on Manjaro-Arm 20.10 and had been updating the system will it automatically update to Manjaro-Arm 20.12?

Thanks, but my pi400 wifi broke again?

Looking forward to the Khadas VIM3 20.12 Release image.

I can build images for sway and provide them as separate download link here, but tbh would have been nice to know before this release went public that it won’t be included any longer… :frowning:

Not quite so… last time I checked here [Poll] What editions should we support? MATE and Sway were on par with 21% of the votes each…

1 Like

Here we go…

2 Likes

It’s not like Sway has been dropped as an edition. We just don’t create images for it. It can still be installed easily with the Manjaro ARM Installer and previous images can still be updated.

We have been wanting to try different editions out.
Sway is a great edition and looks really good. But tiling window managers are, in general, an advanced user experience.

Thanks @Strit for clarifying… it still came as a surprise and even though it was always said as being a community supported variant only, I still think having ready-made images at hand will make it easier for the not-so-tech-savvy folks to give them a try.

2 Likes

Hi,

I updated my devices and I found this up date…
What that ?

[nln2@n2 ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for nln2: 
:: Synchronising package databases...
 core                                   225,4 KiB  1409 KiB/s 00:00 [######################################] 100%
 extra                                    2,4 MiB  1271 KiB/s 00:02 [######################################] 100%
 community                                5,6 MiB  1030 KiB/s 00:06 [######################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) khadas-utils-4-1

Total Download Size:   0,01 MiB
Total Installed Size:  0,01 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0,00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
 khadas-utils-4-1-any                    11,3 KiB  0,00   B/s 00:00 [######################################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                      [######################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                    [######################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                         [######################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                   [######################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                 [######################################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) upgrading khadas-utils                                        [######################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/2) Reloading system manager configuration...
(2/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
[nln2@n2 ~]$ 

I’m pretty sure you don’t need to do anything special, beside updating regularly. Every release is just after some major stable update, they are just making fresh images with the current packages and the release version is a date. But I can be mistaken.

Install these updated packages in the repo when the mirrors sync:

brcm-patchram-plus r3.bee0942-5
firmware-raspberrypi 6-1.6

It is for khadas devices if you’re not using khadas then you don’t need it.

pi4 download 2 times not boot, chcksum ok.

Updated the original post with links for Rock Pi 4C, Khadas Vim 2 and Khadas Vim 3.

1 Like

Hello, Tried minimal and xfce for rockpro64, both images stop at “Booting using the fdt blob at 0x1f00000”.
Downloading a 20.10 image now to see if maybe it’s just my device, it was having weird graphical issues which is why I went for a fresh image.

Follow up: 20.10 boots fine.

Manjaro_ARM_VIM3_Xfce_20.12 boot up on Beelink GT King Pro. But I notice the it still uses the older uEnv.ini instead of extlinux.conf u-boot.

Thanks for the great works. Wish Manjaro Team A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Any error messages or hints for investigation?

EDIT: just to make sure image got restored correctly, please check the steps here: Manjaro ARM 20.08 released!

1 Like

black screen, no error message.
maybe wait others confirm if same issue or not?
and, build myself work, thanks.