Manjaro ARM 20.10 released!

What are you building from ? I just used http://os.archlinuxarm.org/os/ArchLinuxARM-rpi-aarch64-latest.tar.gz, it ships with vi and no fancy rewrites.

We build our rootfs from packages. Don’t know what customizations Arch does, but we don’t rewrite anything.

Give me some examples of rust rewrites from our images, that is not in Arch images.

1 Like

If I try a reboot on the pinebook pro it will go to a blank/brown screen with stripes in the middle of the screen and have to force power off and power back on. Tried Sway and Plasma images, same issue from sd card or emmc.

1 Like

This is not something I have seen. Sounds like a hardware issue to me.

Did you try with a previous version, like 20.08 or 20.06?

Tried 20.08 and had the same issue, will try 20.06.

I tried Fedora and Ubuntu and they rebooted fine, will try again.

Edit: 20.06 and Fedora also having the issue from sdcard, not sure what hardware issue could be :frowning:

Edit 2: Reboot worked with Fedora on emmc but didn’t work from sdcard when 20.10/20.08 on emmc. So now I’m not sure.

Please be aware, it will make more sense
The uboot on emmc will found before one on SD, 1st found will be the one used
(unless you have a uboot on SPI, most people don’t)
You can test uboots by blanking (/dev/zero) the emmc uboot area,
forces use of SD uboot
And, of course nearly all images contain a (hidden) uboot, in 1st 16M
uboots search order is different than bootrom, MMC0 is 5th in the list (emmc)

1 Like

I did more testing and if Manjaro 20.06 is installed in the emmc reboot will work fine, maybe u-boot on 20.08 and 20.10 are different from 20.06?

Tested:
Manjaro 20.08/20.10 - reboot won’t work and shutdown will end with a red light blinking.
Manjaro 20.06 - reboot and shut down work fine.

Also tested Ubuntu and Fedora images on emmc and reboot/shutdown work fine too.

Well yeah. The uboots are different. In 20.06 we use 2020.04. In 20.08 we use 2020.07 and in 20.10 we use 2020.10.

I don’t have any issues rebooting my Pinebook Pro with 20.08 or 20.10 though.

From the default .bash_aliases that comes with the sway arm image:

alias ls="exa -alh --icons"
alias tree="exa --tree --icons"
alias cat="bat"

and the .bashrc:

SILVER=(status:black:white user:yellow:black dir:blue:black git:green:black cmdtime:magenta:black)
export SILVER_ICONS=nerd
export SILVER_SHELL=$0 # bash, zsh, or fish
eval "$(silver init)"

The RPi4 ArchARM system I mentioned does not come with exa, bat or silver. btw silver integration seems a bit buggy, be it sway terms or through ssh my lines get cropped when I type and then continue writing on the same line’s chars. Haven’t had time to dig into this yet.

Ah, so you are talking about edition specific packages. I thought you where talking about the minimal rootfs, since you asked about that. :wink:

We package silver, since @appelgriebsch use it in the Sway profile , but exa is from Arch Linux ARM repo directly.

2 Likes

Looks like there has been a couple of commits to the master branch of the GH repo incl. a lot of bugfixes already and ppl asking for a new release (1.1.0 is already a year old). The maintainer said there will be a 2.0 very soon

Hi, I just installed the i3 version on my pinebook pro. When I do mod+z or mod+ctrl+b nothing happens. I’m trying to get to the settings menu

@oberon Is the right person to help you With i3

Hi. To edit i3wm you have these commands: sudo nano /.i3/config

systemctl enable fstrim.timer

Hi.
I am running from a rockpi4b, ARM Manjaro KDE. and I have a doubt whether to apply the command “systemctl enable fstrim.timer”
, since I am running from an nvme disk. Thank you

Hi,
fantastic job with new release! Thanks for hard work.
Do you still release minimal image for RPi4? I use a couple of my RPi4 as small home servers and would like to have there Manjaro without any DE or WM and boot from USB as this is possible now with officially released 4 versions. I’ve been using Manjaro on RPi4 since version 19.12 which was available in minimal version with updated kernel to mainline however SD Cards are not perfect setup for longer time and I’m looking for some way to migrate Manjaro setup to USB drive.

Not as images. But you can use the Manjaro ARM Installer to create a minimal install.

I just checked and unfortunately Manjaro ARM Installer can build only 4 official version of Manjaro: i3, KDE, Sway and XFCE.

Install this image and do a sudo -Syu and you should be up to date.

1 Like

No. You are thinking about the Manjaro ARM Flasher.

The Manjaro ARM Installer supports:

"minimal"    "Minimal Edition            (only CLI)" \
		"kde-plasma" "Full KDE/Plasma Desktop    (full featured)" \
		"xfce"       "Full XFCE desktop and apps (full featured)" \
		"mate"       "Full MATE desktop and apps (lightweight)" \
		"lxqt"       "Full LXQT Desktop and apps (lightweight)" \
		"i3"         "Mininal i3 WM with apps    (very light)" \
		"sway"		 "Minimal Sway WM with apps  (very light)" \
		"server"     "Minimal with LAMP and Docker (only cli)" \
		"gnome"      "Full Gnome desktop and apps (EXPERIMANTAL)" \