Manjaro ARM 20.08 released!

I have another question, why not integrate Chinese fonts in the system?
When the current system is opened for the first time, the Chinese text is a square, and it returns to normal after installing the wqy-microhei font. Why not integrate wqy-microhei in it?
Solving this problem will help the spread of manjaro-arm.

I never heard of this font. Does it work by default if you just install the package, without changing settings?

Yes, run pacman -S wqy-microhei in the terminal to install the font. After installation, reboot Raspberry Pi to display Chinese correctly.

1 Like

Nice. I will add it to all the DE profiles. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi,

The trim is active on the odroid c4 external storage and the emmc module, nice.
Not tested with a sd card.
Is the trim function something to do with the kernel ?

[nlc4@c4 ~]$ systemctl status fstrim.timer
● fstrim.timer - Discard unused blocks once a week
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/fstrim.timer; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
     Active: active (waiting) since Sun 2020-08-23 13:09:55 CEST; 24h ago
    Trigger: Mon 2020-08-31 00:48:38 CEST; 6 days left
   Triggers: ● fstrim.service
       Docs: man:fstrim

août 23 13:09:55 c4.test.2020.05.14 systemd[1]: Started Discard unused blocks once a week.
[nlc4@c4 ~]$ lsblk --discard
NAME         DISC-ALN DISC-GRAN DISC-MAX DISC-ZERO
sda                 0        4K       4G         0
└─sda1              0        4K       4G         0
mmcblk0             0        4M    49,5M         0
├─mmcblk0p1   1554432        4M    49,5M         0
└─mmcblk0p2   4046336        4M    49,5M         0
mmcblk0boot0        0        4M    49,5M         0
mmcblk0boot1        0        4M    49,5M         0
zram0               0        4K       2T        
[nlc4@c4 ~]$ uname -a
Linux c4.test.2020.05.14 5.8.3-2-MANJARO-ARM #1 SMP Sat Aug 22 21:00:07 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux
[nlc4@c4 ~]$ 

stop in reached target bluetooth and stop :frowning: in manjaro KDE and XFCE
Why Why WHy??? Raspberry Pi 4 8BG Ram all ok boot but stop after line reached target bluetooth.

I get black screen upon reboot on the Pinebook Pro. Ran the commands to update uboot (after identifying the correct drive via lsblk), then rebooted the laptop. When the power LED turns green the screen just stays black. Just downloaded a fresh copy of Manjaro 20.06 and tried updating
 same outcome.

Hm. Double check your /boo/extlinux/extlinux.conf file to make sure it is correct.

I had a message about that during installation
 I think

ran:

sudo mv /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf.pacnew /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf

Post the content of that file.

Give me a few moments. Need to reinstall Manjaro ARM again.

You know you can just copy it from he drive on your regular PC, right? :slight_smile:

Actually, can access if from my SD card OS.

1 Like

The file says:

LABEL Manjaro ARM
KERNEL /Image
FDT /dtbs/rockchip/rk3399-pinebook-pro.dtb
APPEND initrd=/initramfs-linux.img console=tty1 console=ttyS2,1500000 root=LABEL=ROOT rw rootwait bootsplash.bootfile=bootsplash-themes/manjaro/bootsplash

Here’s your problem.
This should be root=LABEL=ROOT_MNJRO.

Changed it. Works now. Could you alter the Manjaro package that alters it?

In what way?

The reason it has LABEL=ROOT is so the old installs dont break when updating.

When you get a .pacnew file, you (the user) has to check both files and merge it, so it fits your system. We can’t magically make it work for all users out of the box.

The package contains the file with LABEL=ROOT, but changes it to LABEL=ROOT_MNJRO when it gets installed first, and does not change it during updates.
But sometimes when other changes happen to the file a .pacnew file is created with the new changes, while your old file is kept, so your system keeps booting. So the reason yours stopped booting, was that you didn’t merge the files correctly, but simply overwrote it.

2 Likes

Same issue as @ArcanHell above on 20.08 i3 with Raspberry Pi 4B

Fresh install to SD, system would not load anything after the “reached target bluetooth” message.

The same thing happens to many people. I have asked in various forums and no one has a solution to this problem. I tried to install XFCE and KDE on SD card and SSD with the same result, it’s a shame, Manjaro is great until the installation problems begin or with the updates that break the system. Those are the reasons why Manjaro is losing popularity. Manjaro will end up like Windows, I don’t use the latter, but I got tired of crashing the system and having to cross my fingers praying that the new update did not break my system that I spent hours configuring.

Oh wait 
 so you have never tried it?

Never had one.

Preinstalled on the majority of consumer PC’s? Lofty goals.

Hm. What configurations did you make exactly?

If you have real problems that are really the fault of manjaro, then its a shame you dont report them properly so that its fixed for you and everyone else 
 instead of making these rather flat and uninspired comments.

3 Likes