trying to get Manjaro 22-02 working on my VIM3.
Installed manjaro-arm-installer (MAI) on my manjaro x86 laptop.
Used MAI to install manjaro to an sdcard - booted the sdcard on the vim3 and Manjaro 22-02 runs perfectly. I used the ARM image from the manjaro site.
2 questions that I need assitance with:
- How do I update the uboot on the eMMC on the vim3? DO I need to do this?
- How do I get Manjaro 22-02 on to the eMMC? can I just dd the .img to the eMMC?
Once I work this out I will work on a HowTo.
ok - got the Khadas VIM3 working on Manjaro 22-02.
Create a SDCARD using etcher or similar using the vim3 image from the Manjaro site
1a. I found a very cool python script that runs in a gui ( manjaro-arm-flasher)
1b. There is a manjaro package that can be installed via pacman “manjaro-arm-installer”
Boot the SDCARD in the VIM3 - use “keys mode”
- Power on VIM3.
- Long press the
POWER key without releasing it.
- Short press the ‘Reset’ key and release it.
- Count for 2 to 3 seconds, then release the
POWER key to enter into Upgrade Mode. You will see the sys-led turn ON when you’ve entered Upgrade Mode.
- I run “lsblk” to see what drive is being used.
- Install manjaro-arm-flasher on the sdcard and execute the python script
- You can now install the new manjaro 22-02 to the eMMC
once installed - remove the sdcard and the VIM3 boots into the new Manjaro - I had to use the gui to complete the new set up.
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.