Manjaro 21.2.0 Qonos released!

Another big change is that evince now become pre-installed in KDE minimal ISO, it seems to be needed by xdg-desktop-portal-gnome. Is it necessary? KDE already has okular.

1 Like

You should have xdg-desktop-portal-kde, not xdg-desktop-portal-gnome. What depends on xdg-desktop-portal-gnome? :thinking:

I recently built a new pc and installed using the KDE minimal ISO. I removed evince and that removed xdg-desktop-portal-gnome as it was then orphaned.

We’ll see why that’s happening. For now you can remove xdg-desktop-portal-gtk and/or xdg-desktop-portal-gnome.

1 Like
sudo pacman -Rn xdg-desktop-portal-gnome
sudo pacman -Rn evince

I checked the pkgs file and found:

xdg-desktop-portal 1.10.1-1
xdg-desktop-portal-gnome 41.1-1
xdg-desktop-portal-gtk 1.10.0-3
xdg-desktop-portal-kde 5.23.4-1

so lazy to type pacman or want to create directory with sudo with no post-command to apply?

Thanks! Update 2022.1.20: still have xdg-desktop-portal-gtk, xdg-desktop-portal-gnome, and evince

1 Like

Why I can’t get this kernel after updates?

Only the kernels that are currently installed on your system are automatically updated. You have to install a new or higher kernel on your own.

:link: Manjaro Kernels - Manjaro

[Edit:]

By the way, if you are indeed still using kernel 5.13 (EOL) as indicated in your profile, then you definitely need to switch to a supported kernel.

:link: "What should I be aware of if I'm not on an LTS kernel?" - Manjaro

1 Like