Manjaro 21.1.0 Pahvo released!

A post was split to a new topic: After I installed Manjaro KDE 21.1.0 I cannot enter BIOS

Growing up, I lacked self-confidence as a young kid ever since my first-grade school teacher said I would never amount to anything. He flat out told me “You’re just not cool enough. Never will be.”

Joke’s on you, Mr. Bradley. I just installed Manjaro 21.1.0.

Who’s not cool enough now? Hmmmm?

:drooling_face:

3 Likes

100% agree with this. Due to the nature of the life-span of non-LTS kernels, I agree that the latest LTS kernel should ship with the installation media. I’d even argue it should be set as the default, for a smoother upgrade process (since non-LTS kernels reach their EOL relatively quickly in the grand scheme of things.)

2 Likes

5.13 has significant btrfs fixes, so it’s pretty much necessary if they are advertising improved btrfs support.

My laptop faces input lag with 5.13 kernel. But 5.10 works fine. Does anybody knows why?

Thanks to the update!

The Breath2 2021 Theme is brilliant!

3 Likes

Hey there,

thanks for another solid release!
I started using manjaro 21.1 with the RC3 for gpu compatiibility.
Is there any reason for a fresh install or can I just roll on?

Cheers :tea:

if you do pacman-mirrors --get-branch
you will be in testing
your should change to stable

sudo pacman-mirrors --api --set-branch stable

After you changed the branch, rebuild the mirrorlist and update your packages:

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

1 Like

Thanks the Manjaro Team, I’ve been waiting this release for a long time (I will do a new fresh install on one of my hardware). You do a great job, that’s why I recommended your distribution to my friends and my family.

:wink: :+1:

1 Like

We are glad you like it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes! Especially light and dark themes supported, and a pretty SDDM+Login Theme. But why the new wallpaper have no Manjaro element?

the mountain is the element.
(Mount Kilimanjaro)

1 Like

A very nice wallpaper. Unfortunately, I have a big banding problem in the color gradient with my 8-bit monitor. This will probably have many users, because 10 bit is now also not sooo very common :wink:

We wanted to do something different and fresh. We have a plenty of wallpapers with Manjaro elements already.

Kilimanjaro looks different but nice catch :wink:

It’s known. We will fix banding some time later (with some another nice addition)

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t recognize it and its name is bamboo which also makes me puzzled.

1 Like

Love the new release, especially support of the btrfs and ubuntu subvolume layout for integration with timeshift. Just did a reinstall on my system.

Small bugs:
→ Even if I turn off the gnome-native-firefox-theme (in Manjaro Hello), it gets turned on as soon as I log out and log back in.
→ Not fully tested it yet, but as far as I can see, timeshift does not take a snapshot after boot in btrfs. (I even waited for almost 10 mins after boot, but still it didn’t take a snapshot)

Otherwise, the release is amazing. Thanks to all the manjaro developers who worked hard on pushing this out!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s “Bamboo” because it contains a lot of bamboo :slight_smile:

Just guessing - you need to do an update or install any package for timeshift to kick in?

Thank you for this release, all went smooth and btfrs is more faster, waiting for 5.14 Kernel and btfrs enhancements
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Btrfs-Linux-5.14

1 Like