Manjaro 21.0.2 Community Editions [Budgie, Cinnamon, Deepin, I3, Mate]

+1 to see Cinnamon as an Official Manjaro flavor!..

To simplify things a little bit: Despite the versioning numbers, while the big 2 (GNOME and KDE) do make some large revamps on their user experience on such a 6 months development cycle, most of the others, including Cinnamon just deliver small updates at that time frame. Cinnamon for example will give you a small update per 6 months and a bigger one per 2 years in average. Here you earn lots of stability!..

On the other hand, the Cinnamon team do take care of the little details… They may be called conservatives on their approach, but that is for a reason: Solid rock stability permitting you to just have your job done straight away!.. They won’t jump on GTK4 just for the sake of going to the bleeding edge. They’ll take the bus when the bus is ready for prime time.

Have a nice day!..

6 Likes

I agree, Cinnamon is my favorite DE. plenty customizable, very stable, whats not to like? I have used it for many years on several distros. I tried all the others at various times and though they each have something going for them I always end up back here with Cinnamon. It appears to be well maintained as a community addition but it would be great to see it as an official one.

4 Likes

Yep totally agree with cinnamon. I’ve tried kde, deepin, budgie etc but cinnamon is just so smooth, stable and for me the best desktop there is atm.

3 Likes

Cinnamon is of topic. Please don’t

Report: The “copy status window” do not show properly (ex: when you copy something from one directory to another)

It really was a great experience. Going to buy a new SSD to leave it installed and follow the development.
Thanks to the team community!

I see an strang thing in download page of Manjaro (https://manjaro.org/download), in the Community Part there is Budgie, Cinnamon, i3, MATE and Sway but no Deepin, why ? And why do you remove LXQt spin, ?

1 Like

yeah LXDE, LXQt and Openbox has been updated since by @linux-aarhus https://iso.uex.dk/ and i keep the awesome version updated, so maybe the website needs an update to reflect what Community Editions is update to 21.0.4

The community editions is maintained on a maintainer-has-time-and-energy base.

I can highly recommend watching the video on how to create you own customized ISO using Github CI.

2 Likes

Duty accomplished :partying_face:
A surprise awaits someone

I installed deepin succesfully but there was little problem on default configuration of lightdm.conf file.
It wasn’t start lightdm service naturally.

So whenever add # sign to head of the row of greeter-session=lightdm-slick-greeter it begin to start normally. Source
It was staying without # sign.
Actually, deepin starts well on external HDD but whenever install internal NVMe ssd it occured lightdm error. Luckily community greater than all error :grin:

I wish you to bring UEFI splash screen to community distros!
It adds a powerful look to Official distros but why not for community distros.
Could you add this amazing splash screen to community distros made for us please.

I love manjaro and its community

2 Likes

Updated Manjaro Cinnamon [Stable, full and minimal] with linux510

3 Likes