Manjaro 20.1.1 - ibus-daemon issue

Hi,

I installed Manjaro Architect (CLI) and Deepin desktop (latest version) on top of it. I have ibus installed in it. But ibus-daemon is not automatically starting. I need to issue following command to start ibus keyboard support -

$ ibus-daemon -r &

But when I close the terminal, ibus turn off as well!
I need to issue above command in terminal to keep ibus running and type. Typing has no issue though.
How to autostart ibus-daemon during system boot?

I have added following contents on ~/.bashrc and ~/.xinitrc file:

export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
ibus-daemon -drx

But still ibus-daemon not starting automatically during system boot. Any suggestion?

1 Like

Hello,
Please see this:

Personally i prefer to place export in .bash_profile and i would put ibus-daemon -drx in .xinitrc, right above exec $(get_session)

I did exactly what you suggested. Still ibus-daemon is not auto starting, so I need to issue command in terminal to start it…
Any way to automatically execute “ibus-daemon -drx” command each time I login into Desktop? if this helps.

Well, i suggested this

to somebody else, but it seems was not working fot that OP. Then i was talking about a systemd service … is or not, i will have to test myself, but …

Each DE could make use of the ~/.config/autostart/ folder … make a desktopfile like ibus.desktop with this code in it:

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=ibus-daemon -drx
Icon=system-run
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
Type=Application
1 Like

auto-start entry method works

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.