Manage HP printer with Linux

I have a HP deskjet printer 3762 which I run with Hplip but when I try to clean or align the heads Hplip crashes and I have to turn to Windows 10 pro dual boot with Manjaro. Is there another software that allows me to do these two operations? the only reason why I have Windows is rightly to do these two things but it seems absurd to me, I have experienced this problem not only with Manjaro but with all the Linux distributions I have tried, it seems to me that the problem is just HPlip or the drivers . Any suggestions? Thank you.

My HP-printer envy Photo 6230 has a display - in one of the many menues
you will find the option to clean the ink heads???

open a terminal and run

hp-clean

is it avaiable ?

Mine is very modest and doesn’t have a display with the possibility of settings/functions. I have a panel with some commands for printing not for management.

Control Panel
8 buttons: Cancel, Resume, Info, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Web Services, Color Copy, Black Copy

   ~  hp-clean                                                             ✔ 

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.23.3)
Printer Printhead Cleaning Utility ver. 4.0

Copyright (c) 2001-18 HP Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

error: No device found that support this feature.
    ~   ```
1 Like

I found this on the net, could it help?

Some distros with the transition to python 3 have had problems: while before there 
was only python then there was the need to distinguish between version 2 and version 3, 
some wrote python2 others remain only with python. This has caused some problems for 
some applications whose programmers have not entered the necessary " if"s to align 
python2 or python as equivalent. You have no other solution left than to create a 
simillink that "links" (damn what a bad thing but at least it will make you understand) 
python to python2, or vice versa depending on the distro you use, so 
that the various python calls will still find the necessary libraries . 
The command to use is 'ln -s' , I advise you to check the " ln" man page.
I have already faced this problem several times and solved it like this.

Ok, the error is in /usr/share/hplip/base/maint.py at line 688
A python3 library which badly handles the split module which is typical of python2. Try doing research in this sense too, I’m not a programmer and I could hardly instruct you to make a change in that library, but it may be that others have already done it.
Yes I have a hp, mounted on a mint 21, today I try to install the package and check if your bug is reproducible.
Exit < installed hplip-gui which also contains hplip-toolbox, apart from that I ran out of black cartridge, but I already knew it, it made me align and clean the cartridges without problems. Your problem is not reproducible on Linux in general but it looks like a mageia problem>
I haven’t been able to find a solution yet and I’m not a computer expert, I need your help. Thank you.