SamKook:
I know, that’s why I’m saying the way it actually works is bad.
I don’t know the internal workings so I simplified how I think it should work, it’s obviously not that easy, but it is certainly possible to modify the process in a way that would make it safe from getting interrupted.
I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to make all the changes in a sandbox type of environment, generate everything and then commit it to the system once everything is good for example.
Well, we didn’t develop the ALPM. As its name implies, it was developed by Arch, and if you look at the man page for pacman, you will find the email address to report bugs and feature requests to right at the bottom of the page.
SamKook:
From what someone said in the update thread, I likely rebooted while pacmac was still doing its thing after pamac crashed and since I haven’t used manjaro daily for very long, there’s things I did not know.
This is why I wrote…