Make crda fail - keys undeclared - reglib.c libreg.so

Hello guys! I bought an Alfa AWUS036NH network adapter and would like to check if it is genuine, but without having to open it and look inside. I have little time for that.

So, one of my goals, is to test the 2000mW (33dbm) and see if it works correctly, but I have a problem with the make of crda, it is probably a requirement / package that I don’t have (maybe libgcrypt or libssl (openssl) header files ? I know i need that). Can someone help me?

the pre-requisites are in the regulatory of crda (i can’t post links here :frowning: Search for wireless wiki kernel org)

The error:

[pedroegg@Manjaro-Egg crda-3.18]$ make
  CC   libreg.so
reglib.c: In function ‘reglib_verify_db_signature’:
reglib.c:168:26: error: ‘keys’ undeclared (first use in this function)
  168 |  for (i = 0; (i < sizeof(keys)/sizeof(keys[0])) && (!ok); i++) {
      |                          ^~~~
reglib.c:168:26: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
keys-gcrypt.c:49:22: warning: ‘n_1’ defined but not used [-Wunused-const-variable=]
   49 | static const uint8_t n_1[257] = {
      |                      ^~~
keys-gcrypt.c:44:22: warning: ‘e_1’ defined but not used [-Wunused-const-variable=]
   44 | static const uint8_t e_1[3] = {
keys-gcrypt.c:7:22: warning: ‘n_0’ defined but not used [-Wunused-const-variable=]
    7 | static const uint8_t n_0[257] = {
keys-gcrypt.c:2:22: warning: ‘e_0’ defined but not used [-Wunused-const-variable=]
    2 | static const uint8_t e_0[3] = {
make: *** [Makefile:119: libreg.so] Erro 1

I already tried to delete libreg.so and removed the -Werror from the make file, and run make again, but… The same!

Off-topic: I also tested to check your MAC ADDRESS without installing its driver, and it is different from the MAC of a genuine Alfa AWUS036NH. However, as I have not yet installed your driver, can anyone tell me if the MAC would be correct only after installing the driver?

Another thing is that everytime that i reconnect the USB, its MAC Address changes.

Thank you!

It’s okay now! I got it!

Steps that i done:
1 - remove -Werror from make file
2 - delete libreg.so
3 - delete keys-gcrypt.c
4 - delete all pubkeys that have x509 in the name

After that, sudo make run and after sudo make install

Success here! :slight_smile:

Why didn’t you just install crda from the repos?

BTW, where did you get this source code?

Install crda from the repos? I didn’t understand

I got here: https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/software/network/crda/crda-3.18.tar.xz

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.