Macbook Air not shutting down all the way

Hi,
I recently installed Manjaro XFCE on a 2013 Macbook Air. When I shut it down using the menu, I don’t think it’s shutting all the way down. If I put it in a bag, it stays hot, the battery depletes, and it wakes back up with a couple of key presses.
I did a little research and some people suggest editing /etc/default/grub. See here:

However, the relevant line in my grub file does not look like what these other users are describing, so I don’t want to just randomly mess with it.
Here is the possibly relevant line. Should I edit it, or perhaps do something else entirely?

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet apparmor=1 security=apparmor resume=UUID=d73d5c61-aa02-43a7-8aa5-484b6088075e udev.log_priority=3”

From the solution, simply add acpi=force apm=power_off to your own grub command line.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet apparmor=1 security=apparmor resume=UUID=d73d5c61-aa02-43a7-8aa5-484b6088075e udev.log_priority=3 acpi=force apm=power_off"

On all computer I touch I also add the splash parameter to go with the quiet parameter, so instead of a black screen (quiet hides the console boot process), it will, on most computers, show the motherboard/manufacturer logo during boot, so for your GRUB command line it would be

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash apparmor=1 security=apparmor resume=UUID=d73d5c61-aa02-43a7-8aa5-484b6088075e udev.log_priority=3 acpi=force apm=power_off"

And don’t forget to sudo update-grub from a terminal for the changes to take effect.

//EDIT: edited post as I copied your line, but it seems you had wrong quote characters… weird.
yours:
mine: "

Thank you - yes, I followed the instructions and it seems to be shutting all the way down! Much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.