Lutris/Manjaro : amdgpu_device_initialize: DRM version is 2.50.0 but this driver is only compatible with 3.x.x

Well. Those two things :

Specify the correct module order

Even when AMDGPU support for SI/CIK has been enabled by the kernel, the radeon driver may be loaded before the amdgpu driver.

Make sure amdgpu has been set as first module in the Mkinitcpio#MODULES array, e.g. MODULES=(amdgpu radeon) .

Set module parameters in modprobe.d

Create the configuration modprobe files in /etc/modprobe.d/ , see modprobe.d(5) for syntax details.

For Southern Islands (SI) use option si_support=1 , for Sea Islands (CIK) use option cik_support=1 , e.g.:

/etc/modprobe.d/amdgpu.conf

options amdgpu si_support=1 options amdgpu cik_support=1

/etc/modprobe.d/radeon.conf

options radeon si_support=0 options radeon cik_support=0

Make sure modconf is in the the HOOKS array in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf and regenerate the initramfs.

yeahs seems this works. at least it uses now DRM3 :smiley:

Yup. But passing those options in the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT or in the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX doesn’t seem to work, at least for me.

Do you know how I could write a clean answer for the problem ? Like with all the parameters of my PC configuration ? So anyone reading the answer could see what he should have to make it work ?

Yeah, I hope using DRM3 will help me !

ok now a clean answer:

1. Add the options to modprobe:
sudo su && \
echo "options amdgpu si_support=1" >> /etc/modprobe.d/amdgpu.conf
echo "options amdgpu cik_support=1" >> /etc/modprobe.d/amdgpu.conf
echo "options radeon si_support=0" >> /etc/modprobe.d/radeon.conf
echo "options radeon cik_support=0" >> /etc/modprobe.d/radeon.conf
  1. add this to /etc/mkinitcpio.conf:
MODULES=(amdgpu radeon)

and

mkinitcpio -P

reboot

Then check with inxi -Ga if you use DRM 3 like this:

Is that correct @TheHaricover ?

2 Likes

Thank you for your help and for your answer !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.