I have a problem with a Windows 3D Application that I was running before on a daily basis via Lutris
Since today’s update (which seems to have been quite extensive) the Application is crashing and now won’t come up any longer.
The logs say:
Failed to execute process 'gamemoderun /home/[username]/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-6.4-x86_64/bin/wine /path/to/WBSLearnspace3D.exe -infoip https://s8.learnspace3d.de'.
Check that the file exists
both files mentioned here (
/home/[username]/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-6.4-x86_64/bin/wine as well as
/path/to/WBSLearnspace3D.exe) exists and are executable for my user.
One thing to mention (not knowing whether this is relevant) may be that one package (electron9) is still in process of being build (and seems not being able to finish) as we speak. As per
pacman -Qi Lutris of
pacman -Qi wine there are no dependencies for electron, so it might not matter.
Are you saying you haven’t even finished updating let alone rebooted the system?
on first run the build seemed to have been frozen. As I did not see a direct dependency and also was due for a presentation in my game (which is a 3D Learning platform where I am attending a retraining in) I canceled the build and rebooted my machine.
Now (game keeps crashing after reboot) the build process is running once again (for about 15 minutes now). It does not look as if it was going anywhere.
What is interesting to note maybe is that in the GUI update manger diggs electron as
"Installed as a dependency for another package" where
pacman -Qi electron9 says
Required By: None
Well, I was more interested if you had performed a reboot after update.
Nothing out of ordinary here. You could have removed that package and that’s what’s left. Clean orphans regularily.
digging&guessing into this a little deeper I find an “optional” dependency for lutris called
installed that and now I am back in business.
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.