Lutris doesn't load any games anymore

Not sure what update broke my ability to launch games via lutris but as of very recent I can no longer load any wine games through lutris.

Cinnamon Version: 4.8.6

Linux Kernel: 5.12.8-1-MANJARO

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor × 12

Memory: 31.3 GiB

Graphics Card: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 21 [Radeon RX 6800/6800 XT / 6900 XT]

Running the latest wine-staging-git but vanilla wine and wine-staging failed to load with lutris all the same. I can run wine standalone as I have FFXI Nasomi installed on it’s own and Steam also succeeds in launching games. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried clearing out the local configs for Lutris, they’re located somewhere like ~/.local/share/lutris
That might work, or you could try looking around here: https://forums.lutris.net/ for some advice

Lutris by default uses it’s own custom version of WINE. Did you choose the system version as default?

What games are your trying to run? You might want to use Proton instead, especially if they’re Steam games.

@Yochanan @Marcoose777 Epic Games Launcher and CEMU specifically don’t load anymore through Lutris when they used to. I have them setup with the Lutris versions of wine, I just mentioned the system wine version that I have installed because I saw another forum post with a solution of making sure wine is installed for lutris wine to work. I have also deleted and recreated prefixes as well as the local config files mentioned but that didn’t solve my issues either.

Same here for me, too.
After updading Manjaro since a few weeks Lutris games (Battlefield 4+5) and Steam do not start anymore.

Did you find a solution?

I have the same situation .

After the update to Gnome 40 games in Lutris don’t start. Anyone has a fix for this ?

On KDE/Nvidia I have no issue at all with Lutris.
Any relevant output when you start Lutris or your Lutris game from terminal (example command for a game: lutris lutris:rungameid/278 you can grab the Lutris startup command for your games if you create a shortcut on the desktop for example from within Lutris, and edit it and copy the command)?

I found the solution that works for me. When I checked the command line log I saw below error:

wine: Call from 000000007B011E0E to unimplemented function dcomp.dll.DCompositionCreateDevice2, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function dcomp.dll.DCompositionCreateDevice2 called at address 000000007B011E0E (thread 02a8), starting debugger...

After that I did quick search in the google with the below thread:

https://forums.lutris.net/t/epic-games-wont-start-unhandled-page-fault/11219

So at the end, when I switched from 6.10 to 6.0 wine version in the Epic Games Luncher settings, everything works smootly. I hope that solves your problem also :wink: