LTO tape drives?

Hello! Newly arrived Manjaro user here. Previously on a mix of Centos 7 and Mint. Please very much consider me a “user” as far as Linux administration is concerned.

I have a Quantum LTO5 tape drive connected via a LSI SAS card. Not exactly the most common type of hardware. If I wanted to go about setting it up in Manjaro, to avoid having to look after more than one distribution; where would one start? Ideally would want to be able to use LTFS with it.

Quantum don’t list it on their website anymore but they do have a tarball of drivers that they will send out when you ask (it’s mentioned in their documentation).

Check the AUR - eg AUR (en) - ltfs-quantum as you specifically mention a quantum tape drive.

You may refine the search here AUR (en) - Search Criteria: quantum

Thank you. I’ve just had a go with that, enabled AUR support in Add/Remove software; then unsuccessfully attempted to build the ltfs 2.4.0.2-2 package. The output is lengthy and ends in the following.

*** [Makefile:678: all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/pamac-build-fractal/ltfs/src/qtmltfs2.4/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:518: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/pamac-build-fractal/ltfs/src/qtmltfs2.4'
make: *** [Makefile:424: all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

Similar if I try the ltfs-quantum 2.4.0.2-1 package I’m afraid.

A quick search suggested this may relate to dependencies, so I have also tried the following before build:

sudo pacman -S fuse2 icu libxml2 fakeroot gcc make net-snmp patch pkg-config

Any ideas welcome?