Lost my terminal directory icons (nerdfonts broke)

Hey everyone, relatively new to manjaro and the arch architecture, so bear with me…

When first installing and booting Manjaro (Kde Plasma), I ran through the p10k configuration and customized what my terminal looked like. About a week ago, I lost the nice icons inside my zsh terminal prompts (the home, lock, etc.) out of the blue. My best guess is that when clearing out orphans through the software manager, I deleted some dependency, but that is just a wild guess.

Steps taken to resolve:
-Ran through p10k again. When asked “does this look like a diamond?” I can see the diamond icon. However, when it asks “does this look like a lock?” the icon looks like a period ( . ). The second option looks like a square (like a missing character).
-Switched back to the default terminal profile, no luck.
-Checked to see if nerdfonts were still installed for the fonts I am using. They were. Tried installing nerdfonts for a different font, and switching to that in my terminal profile, still nothing.

It looks as if the terminal is not pointing to the correct font package, but I have no clue how to resolve this. Any help would be appreciated!

Try installing ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols and relaunch your terminal. If this doesn’t work then share your ~/.zshrc.

If you want to revert back to the original setup, make sure you have the manjaro-zsh-config package installed. Then copy /etc/skel/.zshrc to ~/.zshrc and relaunch terminal.

1 Like

I am marking this thread as SOLVED, but just for reference if anyone else has this issue:

After reading into the p10k readme, it looks as if the MesloLGF fonts were either broken or non-existent. I installed the Regular, Bold, Italic, and Italic Bold fonts from the p10k Github ReadMe. Then set MelsoLGF as my profile font, and ran through p10k again in the zsh terminal. I am still not certain on how to include those symbols when using any other fonts, but MesloLGF is close enough to the look I want, so I am satisfied.

Thanks for the help!

FYI, the Meslo Nerd Fonts are in the community repo as ttf-meslo-nerd-font-powerlevel10k.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.