Looking Glass not working and I don't understand why

Here’s a screenshot of what it looks like:

It seems like everything is ok on the linux host, but there are problems in the windows guest somewhere.

I think what’s happening is that looking-glass-host.exe is failing to run/crashing immediately after startup without providing any error messages whatsoever. (you can see it looks like it’s running in that powershell prompt, but in reality if I just hit a key, like enter or something, it’s like it’s not running any command at all)

I did initially get an error message about looking-glass-host.ini not being found, but I just created it with

[os]
shmDevice=2

I’ve tried changing the number around (0, 1, 2 and 3) but nothing seemed to fix the issue. (I think 2 is the right number though cuz according to device manager the gpu I’m trying to use is at PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0, it’s an intel igpu with gvt-g successfully passed through, has drivers installed and everything and confirmed to be working)

I have installed the IVSHMEM driver on the windows guest as well as in structed on the looking glass installation page.

I do not understand what is wrong.

I assume you are runing Manjaro as the host - since you posted in Manjaro forum - but configuring a Windows system is off topic.

You will get much better results using the QEMU support channel by following this link Support - QEMU

Getting Windows up-and-running in a VM is supported if the host system is Manjaro.
Any Windows issues inside the VM are off-topic here though. :man_shrugging: