Logitech G502 won't connect until I switch it off/on, and then replug it

My G502 doesn’t initially connect unless I first switch the power off, and then back on (on the device itself) and then unplug it and plug it back in. I dual boot Windows 11 and it only seems to happen when switching from Windows back to Manjaro and not when I just reboot Manjaro after getting it to work. Any help is appreciated I can provide any logs.

Welcome, here @Bots_One,

Have you switched off Fastboot in Windoze? You need to fully shutdown Windoze, make sure it’s not going to hibernate.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’m stuck in Manjaro until after work, but that seems promising. I’ll let you know if it works.

How are you doing that? Maybe there’s different variants? This is the one I have:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:c332 Logitech, Inc. G502 Proteus Spectrum Optical Mouse

My mouse saves profiles to the onboard memory, have you done that with the Logitech Windows software or Piper in Manjaro? I no longer use Windows, but maybe you need to save the profile in both OSs.

On the wireless version there is an on/off switch on the bottom of the mouse. Also - I’ve saved it both in Windows and in Piper to no avail. Thanks for the suggestion!

Oh, didn’t know there was a wireless version. It is one of Logitech’s most popular gaming mice, so not surprised. Does unplugging / plugging back in the wireless receiver make any difference instead? Just curious.

If I just unplug/replug it - it works after a few tries, but I figured out somehow that if I cycle the power and then re-plug it, it works every time.