i have 2 user accounts: one administrator and one standard user.
lightdm - settings (that are part of the
MATE-desktop settings) i have set the
GTK-theme to “
Matcha-azul” and the
symbol-theme to “
i also set the “
draw user backgrounds” switch to ON.
Problem 1, with every fresh boot:
The login-screen only shows the names of the
administrator and the
- It does NOT show the white textfield with the blinking cursor, where the password has to be typed.
- Even while typing the password, the white textfield does NOT show up, so it is like blind typing.
- Only when pressing the up and down arrows on the keyboard makes the white password-textfield appear.
- This also happens several times after logging out for switching to the other user account.
Problem 2: my user-backgrounds are NOT being shown.
- i had copied 3 of my pictures to the “
- i use 2 of them as user-background: one for the administrator and one for standard user.
- in the
lightdm - settingsi can set each of them as “
background”: ok, this works and shows one picture permanently as login-background.
lightdmdoes NOT draw the user-backgrounds. even when pressing the up and down arrows for choosing a user.
i already tried to change permissions (of which i read somewhere) but without success:
sudo chmod 644 pic.jpg sudo chmod g+rx pic.jpg
i would be grateful if anyone could help?