Lock Screen menu button does not work in xfce

i just freshly install manjaro xfce iso and after that i notice one thing that xflock4 icon does not work when i press icon

What if you run xflock In the terminal…

xflock4

Did you check:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Xfce#Lock_the_screen

I think this is related to a somewhat recent decision by Manjaro to add xfce4-screensaver to the ISO. This package includes a screen locker. According to the package notes, to avoid the chance of “double-locking” the screen, Manjaro removed the light-locker package which was formerly called by xflock4 to lock the screen.

If you open a terminal and launch xflock4 from the command line you’ll get an error. I think something in the Manjaro defaults needs to be fixed so that the xflock4 script no longer bombs.

My workaround was to deactivate the xfce4-screensaver lock screen and install light-locker. That got me back “to the way things used to be.”

/usr/bin/xflock4 does not have an icon because it is just a script to find the correct command to lock the screen, depending on which package is configured as default screen locker:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /general/LockCommand
  • xfce4-screensaver – xfce4-screensaver-command --lock
  • light-locker – light-locker-command --lock
  • xscreensaver – xscreensaver-command --lock

For me, has wrongly reported light-locker-command --lock; I say “wrongly” because light-locker is not installed on my system.
To properly set the locker (in my case xfce4-screensaver) I had to execute the following command:
xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /general/LockCommand -s "xfce4-screensaver-command --lock" -n -t string

1 Like

Thankyou so much for helping me,i use both and these works but is their an method when screen is locked it don’t go to blanking screen.
i just need it to be lock 'no blank screen