Live wallpaper in Gnome

Greetings,

I’m trying to have a live wallpaper in Gnome with help from mpv and xwinwrap.
It looks like this;
xwinwrap -fs -fdt -ni -b -nf -- mpv --no-audio "/home/storm/Videos/Live/mylivewallpapers.com-Anime-Girl-Breeze.mp4" WID

The problem is there are still Window around the video and you can interact with it. What’s wrong with my script?

regards,

Got it working!

xwinwrap -fs -fdt -ni -b -nf -- mpv -wid WID --no-audio --loop "/home/storm/Videos/Live/mylivewallpapers.com-Anime-Girl-Breeze.mp4"

Hi @Storm,

Very happy you got it working!

In the future, though, when providing a command, like here, or terminal output please wrap the output in triple backticks (```). This just cause the rendering of it to be much better, like this:

xwinwrap -fs -fdt -ni -b -nf -- mpv --no-audio "/home/storm/Videos/Live/mylivewallpapers.com-Anime-Girl-Breeze.mp4" WID

instead of like this:

This just akes it much easier to read.

I’ll will remember that, :slight_smile:

Just “I’ll” is fine. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a short video of what that line of commands do.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s cool. But at the moment, it’s not for me.

But I’ll keep it handy for when neccessary.

How much resource use ?

1 Like

System Monitor says 101 MB
Bashtop says 0,7% of my 32 GB Ram

2 Likes

Last test. I have set it up to start automatically when gnome starts. It starts up right away, no hiccup.

2 Likes

amazing,
but not for me. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.