Linux noob need help with dual booting issues

So i downloaded Manjaro KDE to dual boot with Windows 10 as I eventually want to ditch Windows altogether and I chose Manjaro as my first Linux distro. Everything has gone well so far except every time I boot Manjaro from my usb, none of my settings are saved.

I create a new user alongside the ‘manjaro’ user and it’s completely gone upon reboot, like it’s a fresh Manjaro install. No widgets are saved, it says I have 0 packages, time zone is wrong, I have to connect to Wifi every time I boot into Manjaro, and like I said my new user settings aren’t saved either. I’m not at all sure of what I’m doing wrong and any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It sounds like you’re just using manjaro on the USB and haven’t actually installed it on your machine. Until you install it none of your settings will persist. Have you looked at any of the directions for installation for dual booting (partitioning your HDD, etc)?

Did you unplug your USB after you reboot to not accidentally boot back into your USB?

There shouldn’t be a ‘manjaro’ user on a new install. That’s only in the LiveISO/USB

You create a user while going through the installation process.

Edit:

I missed this part. You’re booting from the USB… that’s the issue… you keep rebooting into the same LiveISO. You only boot from the USB for installation of Manjaro. Unless you want to run a persistent USB.

Ah okay. I do not want to run a persistent USB, just dual booting with Windows 10. Obviously I need to continue with the Installation process. Do you recommend editing the partitions above at all? I could have Manjaro install alongside for me but I believe it won’t use the allocated space I want.

Sorry, if these are tedious questions. Like I said, I’m very new to Linux

If you’ve installed it then you shouldn’t need the usb at all. What happens when you boot the computer with no usb?

Did you not go through the whole installation process originally? If you did…

You don’t need a swap partition. A swapfile is easier to manage imo, which you can do after installation and booting into your new OS.