Linux dependency issues

It’s not how long you’ve been using Manjaro, but how you approach and think of GNU/Linux.

Your brain is still using Microsoft Logic™, which only applies to Microsoft operating systems. GNU/Linux is a UNIX/POSIX operating system, and unless you are willing to unlearn all of your Windows habits and your Microsoft perspective, you are never going to be successful at using anything else.

I could explain all of the differences to you, right here and right now, but then this post would become thousands of lines long, while everything I could be explaining has already long ago been published on the internet — and elsewhere, such as in actual books. Furthermore, I don’t have the energy anymore to get into all of the details all over again — yes, I’ve had to do it before.

I actually wanted to tease out a more specific answer.

And you can do that - but sometimes not easily have both at the same time.

Your actual problem report here started with something about libicuuc.so.74

Not much progress has been made on that here …

1 Like

…often to deaf ears, unfortunately.

1 Like

I gav up on fixing it. Wasting time. pacman-static also cant save it. gonna wipe it of.

Thx anyway

I’m not at all convinced but this is your system and your decision.
Good luck!

That’s not what I meant. I meant this pkg does not solve problem. I have it installed and execute. -Syu but ended up all error.

just copied a few for u to see…
error: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/30-systemd-udev-reload.hook line 2: invalid value Path
error: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/glib-compile-schemas.hook line 2: invalid value Path
error: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/70-dkms-install.hook line 4: invalid value Path
error: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/fontconfig-32.hook line 2: invalid value Path
error: hook /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/30-systemd-hwdb.hook line 2: invalid value Path
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to run transaction hooks)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded

You only even need pacman-static when the original system is so far gone that the original pacman doesn’t work anymore
in chroot

manjaro-chroot - look how to use it

But you probably don’t even need to even go there.

We still, after all this time, don’t know what you are doing, what responses you are getting and what your problems in resolving them are.

We still have pretty much zero clue - because you just don’t give information.
This is getting both tiresome and boring.

I’ll be only watching this from now on (I know, I already said that before. One can try … :wink: )

1 Like

The OP has already reached an obvious conclusion; that reinstalling is an option; which is why I marked their respective post as the solution.

I highly doubt there is much point in continuing this thread, otherwise; except perhaps to raise another valid consideration:

I would like to try to use chroot method too, just due to learning spirit … I will try chroot cmd, because after whole day and night to trying to understand msi bios (ventoy stuck can boot up but manjaro stick cant), searching direct iso download link that is release 24 using lynx (horrible tool) on the broken computer via tty, downloaded 2 iso , learn dd manjarob iso cmd, did a dd twice (1 time using oflag=sync which slow like crazy (after that realize it is missing of " bs=4M" that makes is turtle speed… then last burn of iso image works.
so, gonna try chroot as suggested, since i have all the tools and environment… even i hav no idea what is the reason and what is the source of cause…etc… thats why i think even using chroot wont know what else to do apart fr mnt the required folder (since pacman-static does not solve it).

If you insist. :slight_smile:

Just click and remove the Solution tick under your post (above) to prevent the thread from closing automatically.

Cheers.

Although I applaud your

If that is your motivation, please also use it to learn how to properly use the English, the Forum and ask for help.

To be honest, this kind of behaviour:

…was explicitly and directly addressed:

So do yourself a favour, work through this:

Note:

Also, do not write a wall of text, as:

That took me forever to read and understand. Please use proper language, not txt spk, and proper spelling, because theres doesn’t exist and there’s is not to the same as theirs.

Also, we might know Linux, but we’re not psychic and we do not have crystal balls, never mind working ones. So describe your problem in proper, clear language with the correct spelling.

2 Likes

I acknowledge what you said above, truly my deed :slight_smile: , So used to it , also because i am not native english speaking , on top of that, when i need help urgently, i will rush (anxious to get it solve), and to make that worst, small handphone touch screen … anyway… it is not easy to overcome my own issue. Thats why i mostly ask bing Ai… Unless it get on my nerd.

Anyway, house have house rule , forum has forum rule. :slight_smile:

That has been proven to be a Bad IdeaTM.

There are many Manjaro forums in other languages. For example:

And of course others. Furthermore, there’s a whole section of the Forum dedicated to support in other Languages.

Any forum that is for half english half chinese? thats me… Neither very good in both. :slight_smile:

This manjaro issue that i seek help was partly due to bing Ai instruction…ha. However, by me having problem seeking help in forum, i have no choice, but option for ai help sometime…well this is the “bad” time. There were also many time AI solved my problem very fast.

I have no doubt. But it can be extremely dangerous. Read about Data poisoning.

Data poisoning, as its name suggests, involves the deliberate and malicious contamination of data to compromise the performance of AI and ML systems.

1 Like

Yes, bot ze Germans oll kommen here und posten in German in ze Inglisher kategories! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yah, iz tru! Bot it iz de korrekt place…

Hey! it is by forum rules no broken Germeng (german-english) language here… not easy for search engine to render search… :slight_smile:

Ek is ook seker dat die soek enjins sal nie die Afrikaans kan vind nie, so ek praat ook maar eerder Engels hier.

1 Like