How to reproduce:
- Open any of libreoffice apps. Let’s say Libreoffice Writer.
- Inside the document, type anything inside like “Hello world.”.
- KEEP IN EDIT MODE - Don’t press
ESC when you are done.
- Now, switch to another window using Global Shortcuts in KDE. EDIT: After experimented a bit, this happens even with switching windows with the mouse.
- Switch back to Libreoffice Writer and observe that the app begin to freeze and moments later crash.
Could anyone offer any help? This might be a Libreoffice bug, but I wanted to make sure it’s not my system’s configurations.
Did you make a test user and see if that is reproducible ? Can’t reproduce it here.
Cannot reproduce here with xfce and LibreOffice 7.02 Fresh. It must be something unique to your system. Maybe backup your LO configuration and try with a new LO config.
After resetting the configs, i could no longer produce this in Writer. BUT, the issue still persist in other libreoffice apps.
How to produce (except writer)
- Select a text box. e.g. text box in Impress
- Now try editing a text box.
- Whilst the text box is still being edited, switch to another window.
- Switch back, and observe that Libreoffice begins to freeze and moments later crash.
I still have the exact same issue.
I can avoid the crash by changing libreoffice backend to GTK3
SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk3 libreoffice but this is not ideal because the filepicker will be the gtk one.
I can absolutely confirm this issue with ArchLinux (current Plasma). It is not solved, yet.
Hello everyone watching this thread , it seems that this issue was resolved somewhere between ArchChem’s comment and the latest stable release (188.8.131.52 Community). I could not reproduce this issue anymore. If you have your own issues, i believe the forum guidelines ask that you make your own thread about your specific issue.
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.