Libinput option "RotationAngle" doesn't work

Hi there!

I finally found a vertical mouse that fits me pretty well. It only has one major drawback: the sensor is “tilted” relative to my natural way of holding the mouse. So when i hold it normally and move it left to right, the cursor will move diagonally left/up resp. right/down about 30°.
I’ve found that evdev had the option “offsetangle” for exactly this…but only prior to version 2 - sadface.
Then i found that libinput had the Option “RotationAngle”:

Option "RotationAngle" "float"
    Sets the rotation angle of the device to the given angle, in degrees clockwise. The angle must be between 0.0 (inclusive) and 360.0 (exclusive).

Unfortunately, i can’t seem to get this to work - i tried xinput set-float-prop 16 RotationAngle 330 which gave no error but didn’t work, and now i’m trying it with an xorg conf file:

~ >>> cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-zelotes.conf                                                                                                                                                                                                        [130]
Section "InputClass"
    Identifier      "libinput pointer catchall for rotation"
    MatchIsPointer  "on"
    MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
    Driver          "libinput"
    Option          "RotationAngle" "330"
EndSection

but that also doesn’t seem to work.
I’m kinda out of ideas.
Maybe someone can help? Even if it is just a “RotationAngle is just for xxx-devices and not for mice” ^^

I’m also open to other ideas on how to tackle this :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!