"libGL error: failed to load driver: i915" error when running program

Hello all,

I’m trying to run a program and I get the below error. I found an old forum post saying to install mesa-amber, which I have done but the error was not resolved. Is there anything else I am missing?

This is an older computer with a Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2) @ 2.667GHz CPU and Intel 82Q35 Express integrated graphics.

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open i915: /usr/lib32/dri/i915_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib32/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: i915

You are likely trying to run a 32bit game in a 64bit OS. Do you have lib32-mesa installed?

Thank you - I installed that package and the error has now changed.

sudo pacman -S lib32-mesa-amber

Do you know what this means?

X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  155 ()
  Minor opcode of failed request:  4
  Resource id in failed request:  0x4200006
  Serial number of failed request:  246
  Current serial number in output stream:  246

Since you are running a non standard mesa, my guess is it has something to do with the non standard amber packages.

Thanks for your posts. I have a different error now but it’s an error stack in the program so it’s probably something in the app itself. I’ll reach out to the developer and see if this is a defect or if they know of a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.