Letter q is gone? [FIXED]

Hi there,

moving my first steps into Manjaro. Been away from Linux for way too long and enjoying the OS so far. I’m having a strange issue where my letter q on the keyboard is stuck. The ke is not broken, I can type it on another machine and on the login screen too (since my password contains the q character) but as soon as I login, I can’t write the letter q anymore.

This happened as soon as I set up two new keyboard shortcuts with super+shift+arrow but deleting them does not help.

There’s no keyboard shortcut whatsoever with the only letter q and going into the shell with CTRL ALT F1 will make the letter q work just fine.

I’ve also installed xev and this is the log when the letter Q is pressed.

FocusOut event, serial 37, synthetic NO, window 0x6600001,
mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyAncestor

FocusIn event, serial 37, synthetic NO, window 0x6600001,
mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyAncestor

KeymapNotify event, serial 37, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
keys:  2   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   
       0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0  

Where could I start troubleshooting this issue and what can I do about this?

FIXED: the issue was a bad configuration with Barrier. Mistakenly, the letter q was intercepted by it.

What did you install recently just before your issue ?

Lot of thins really. Eventually I came up with the fix and it was a bad configuration with a KVM software. I thought there was some kind of correlation with the keyboard shorcuts I’ve assigned. I was wrong :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.