Lenovo Yoga C640 TouchScreen / Tablet mode

A patch has been submitted recently which fixes this - I believe - exact problem. If merged, it should be backported to stable kernels, it should find its way into Manjaro kernels sometime in the future.

WOw tks !!! Will follow up…

I only have to install the latest Kernel through Manjaro updates ?

This patch is not merged yet, it’s not in any of the kernels, you need to wait.

1 Like

What is the best way or me to know when it merge or when it will be applied, how do you suggest , to follow up on that specific patch / bug ?

This was my last questions… (sorry I am not a programmer)

Is there a method to apply that patch manually for me or it’s " too complicate" ?

Your touchscreen magically starts working after a kernel upgrade.

You can apply it manually, however, that’s basically mean that you’d need to manage the kernel package manually.

I think if you ask @nightmare-2021 nicely, he can apply it to Manjaro kernels right away. :slight_smile:

@nightmare-2021 Sorry to bother you :slight_smile:
I am JF from MTL Canada.

I just bought a nice Lenovo Yoga C640-13IML i7-xxx and I am having issue with the TouchScreen @pobrn says that may be you could solve my problem by applying a patch (know solving this issue) on the next kernels soon LOL

Is there something I could do to help ?

BTW I had to install the sof-firmware package to make my sound card works… IN case it can be integrated too… But sound is ok now

JF

Is this something that is difficult or long to do ? How may I help ?
JF

I’m still fighting with my Legion 5 82B5 and the MSFT0001: 00 04F3: 3140 touchpad.

My patch no longer works with kernel 5.10.0-0 (see here under #179)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1887190

As soon as I have a solution, I’ll get back to you.

1 Like

Sorry if the information is a little bit scattered in this thread, but this is about the “WACF2200” Wacom(?) touchscreen.

1 Like

Does it mean that if go into Manjaro Settings, Kenerl : and downgrade to 5.9.xx your patch could work for me ?

For now I am on 5.10.rc5.d1122

Will wait anyway… ( will survive LOL )

The patch you need is not yet merged, no kernel will work for you at the moment.

1 Like

OOPS OK " merge " meaning " included / incorporated in one of the actual available kernels,…

Sorry… Learning the wording…

If you need my help to test " patches", don’t hesitate… I am not a programmer " but" I am a good IT guy ( I’m 53).

The patch has been applied, which means that if everything goes well, it’ll be released in 5.11, or maybe even in 5.11-rc1.

2 Likes

Yes !!! Tks looking forward trying it Tks again

Curious, how long could it take to see 5.11 or 5.11-rc1 ? Days ? Weeks ?
NOOBIE QUESTION… Sorry

5.11-rc1 will probably be released on 2020-12-27 - or maybe later considering the timing. After that release candidates will be release one week apart, until approximately 2020-12-21 when 5.11 will be released. Unfortunately, as far as I see, the patch won’t make it to 5.11-rc1, so 5.11-rc2 is the earliest version it could be in. So either you compile a kernel with that patch for your use, or you can try and convince the Manjaro team to put it in before the mainline.

@philm sorry for bothering, could you look into if you can apply this patch to - let’s say - the 5.10 Manjaro kernel to see if it solves @jfbourdeau1’s problem?

1 Like

Hi to everyone,
I have good news for you!!!
I have the same issue with my Lenovo c640.
Reading this converation, I have tried to add the lines of the patch to the file acpi_pnp.c of the kernel 5.10.1, which is the last kernel source compiled by me.
After recompilation, the touchscreen is now working!!!

1 Like

If i am not good a compiling kernel etc, will this be incorporated in the next kernel ?

I am an IT but, not a programmer etc…

tks @Supertuxdino

The commit has been merged into Linus Torvalds’ repository, which means that it’ll (with very high probability) be released in Linux 5.11, which is estimated to be released on 2020-02-21.

1 Like

I am not using 5.11 and some update I just applied just fix my Yoga Touch Screen problem !! Cool

My touch screen is now working perfectly !