Lenovo Thinkpad E14 Gen 3

Posting again (as I previously posted in German forum by mistake). Does any one have Lenovo Thinkpad E14 Gen 3 or E15 G3. There is no information on archlinux wiki or thinkwiki about these.

1 Like

According to this: PSREF ThinkPad ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 (AMD)
I would say everything should work out of thee box except Wifi and fingerprint reader.

Wifi driver is here: GitHub - tomaspinho/rtl8821ce
AUR PKG: AUR (en) - rtl8821ce-dkms-git

Fingerprint reader: No idea, but I guess there is no linux driver.

It is almost identical: PSREF ThinkPad ThinkPad E15 Gen 3 (AMD)

Same Wifi chipset as above.

So if you consider to buy that one… then replace the wifi card ASAP with an Intel AX200 or AX201 which works out-of-the-box.

Just to mention it: This forum is a technical and not a purchase advice :wink:

3 Likes

Yes. Got mine yesterday.

I am completely new to Linux (ultra noob) and I had to figure out how to get the Wifi to work for about 4 hours. I found a thread on here which fixed it in 5 minutes. Honestly, it was quite fun having to figure it out, but that’s a different story.

I can’t link the thread though, trust level I guess, but the correct driver is already linked above. You only need to make sure that you have the correct headers for your kernel installed. If you really end up getting one.

I wouldn’t switch the wifi card immediately as @megavolt suggested. It’s literally two commands and a reboot that will get you going. So far I haven’t had any more issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.